Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new to the forum, but I love it. Tons of good stuff here so first let me say thank you to all of you for taking the time to pass on all the great info and tips.

I just started MiMi on raw food tonight. I purchased some chicken necks and I had the meat dept cut some legs into thirds. She did eat and was excited to eat, no issues there.

However, when she was eating the leg she seemed to have trouble with the bone. She actually made a loud whelp sound and would not pick that piece up again. She went on to the neck piece and had no problems with it.

Anyone else have problems with the legs ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Legs are weight bearing bones and weight bearing bones are much heavier. I don't feed Spacely leg bones because they are harder.

I cut the meat off a leg and give it to him and have taken a mallet to smash a leg bone to give him.

Some people have had dogs chip or break teeth on bones that are too hard.

Cornish Game Hens have lighter bones and would work well. I still smash the leg bones though, just to be sure (For Spacely, my other dog eats CGH bones no issues)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.