Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just dawned on me that I don't know anyone's first names on this site. Does anyone wish to share? Might as well know each other because I plan to be here as long as I have a Chi and, well, God-willing that better be about another 15-plus years!

So, if you feel comfortable then share. If not, totally understandable.

I'm Melissa, by the way! :hello2:

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Great thread Melissa!

I'm Meoshia. My name is often mispronounced. Most people confuse it with the television show Moesha. My name is pronounced Me-Oh-Sha, the "i" is silent. :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great thread Melissa!

I'm Meoshia. My name is often mispronounced. Most people confuse it with the television show Moesha. My name is pronounced Me-Oh-Sha, the "i" is silent. :)
I would have totally pronounced it correctly because my daughter's name is Portia (Shakespeare inspired). And, yes, we get people who pronounce her name Poor-Tee-ah.....I mean, seriously! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I would have totally pronounced it correctly because my daughter's name is Portia (Shakespeare inspired). And, yes, we get people who pronounce her name Poor-Tee-ah.....I mean, seriously! :rolleyes:

Hah! Now that's just silly. I mean I get that it's spelled a little differently, but pronouncing it Poor-Tee-ah just takes it to a whole new level! Lol

·
Registered
839 Posts
Add me to the list of people with a lifetime of having their name mispronounced! I don't even bother correcting people anymore, if it's someone that is just a "one-off" who I'm unlikely to ever see again.

My name is Alaina (pronounced Ah-Lane-A). I often get Elaina (don't understand at all, how do you confuse "ah" with "ee"?) or Alana (again, hard time understanding this one, there is an "I" in my name that clearly means something - or maybe that's just the grammar Nazi in me :D)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmmm..... Well my first name is Laura. But since my grandmother has the exact same name I go by Beth although some fam call me Laura Beth. My middle name however is not Beth, it is Bethene. Confused yet?

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Hi Melissa. I'm Karen. 😊

My niece is called Kaitlyn spelled like that so no-one ever gets it right.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Kinsey. Yep. It's weird. The number of people who call me Mckenzie is painful.

My kids are Kaira, Douglas, and Alli.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts