Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have her home and everything was going great until I was ready to go to bed.

first off, she is obsessed with my feet, I know shes going through a teething stage right now, but she chews on my feet, ALL the time. also sometimes on my fingers she'll "bite" them. is this just a stage, or should I "no" it.

also, do you reccomend getting a play pen aka crib type of thing? because I do not feel safe leaving her in just her small bed all night long.

How do I get her to go to sleep when i'm ready to sleep? I wanted to cuddle with her before I put her to bed, but she won't have it. she wants to jump and play and play. Maybe its because she had just taken a nap though.

is it normal for her to like, hop when shes excited. because she hops all over the place. its kind of funny actually.

I'm so worn out, how was everyone elses first nights like?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Oh you poor :wink: Our first night was actually OK, Richie was so tired that he just slept the whole evening through. Concerning biting: yeah, it gets worse while teething, but I would already show her that this is not acceptable, otherwise she might keep this habit for longer. Just say "no!" and take away your hand and do not play with her for a while.
About getting her to sleep: what we do is that we try not to play with him one hour before bed time, not make him excited in any way. Then we just put him in his bed, sit with him for a few seconds and switch off the light. It is already a ritual and he knows that this is time to be quite. Hope it helps!

Richie's mom

P.S. Oh and he also hops when excited, it is OK! :lol:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
foot-fetish

OMG paris also has an obsession with my feet!!! i can not take a pass without her hanging in my toes .....it's funny but also very annoying because she just don't stop!! :twisted: the only way i can get on with it then is to put her on the sofa or pick her up.......she's not a great listener :wink:

kisses nat

ps i call paris my little foot-fetishist :D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Tucker has a crate (pet taxi), which we took the door off of. He has a fleece bed and some blankets in it. My husband made a 40" square playpen out of PVC pipe and fittings and some green plastic mesh. It doesn't have a top or bottom. Tucker's crate is in this playpen and at night, this is where Tucker stays. If you are training to pads you can also place one of those inside the playpen area. Tucker will actually 'ask' to go to bed at night by going to the playpen and jumping up on the side of it. :)

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
sound like she is just a normal Chi :)

Every night when it is time for my lad to go to bed , he runs under my dinning or coffee table so I can't catch him ;) all chi's have naughty moments :lol:

·
Registered
530 Posts
She sounds great...I can just picture her "hopping", she probably just has lots of energy.
Charlie stopped playing with my feet after I accidently stepped on him :oops: :shock: ...I felt horrible but he stays away from feet now...I do not recommend that you step on her but she'll learn.
Charlie slept in a little kennel with a litter box and bed until recently, I was worried he would go potty somewhere he wasn't supposed to, but I trust him on my bed now.
I bet she's going to be a lot of fun...it's great that she wants to play already. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bago was just like that the 1st day we had him. I had a little bed for him that I got at Petco and he hated it he would cry on the side of the bed till we picked him up but then he would just want to play and bite our finger's so we would get mad and put him back on the floor with some toy's and he finally learned that he would go right back to the floor now he only cry's when he is ready to come up on the bed and sleep! We let him sleep with us!
About the hoping thing, that's normal she's just excited!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts