Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway, my parents want Sissy to stay in her crate for the first night. As I totally agree... Sissy doesn't. :(. Poor girl whimpers for out and so i decide to put her in right before i go to bed but, he will still whimper. I tried to pick her up while she slept but my movements woke her.

hmm. She won't play with toys... yet. I'm deciding tomorrow to get one of those balls you stuff with food. i'm thinking bout giving her a small piece of her fav treat when i put her in. like hide it or something,

any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Honey sleeps in her pen every single night, ignore her and she will eventually get the message.
As for playing with toys, I got Honey as an adult also and she wont play with toys either!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Just choose tough love now. Otherwise it becomes even more of a pain later...soooo just put her in, and if she fusses for more than 15-20 minutes, put a blanket over her crate and put it in the bathroom and let her have it out. Its no fun, but its the fastest way to teach them where they sleep. She probably was in a crate/cage at night in the shelter anyway, so she's just trying to see what she can get away with.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Totally agree Kristi, I doubt she was sleeping in someones bed at the shelter! Tough love all the way!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The animal shelter was more like a foster home looking place. very clean... surprisingly they let Sissy have her own ROOM instead of a wire gate. They really liked her there. She did have her own crate but her bed was outside of it w/ wee wee pads. Surprisingly Sissy only made a fuss because she didn't like the blanket i had in there. So i changed it to a fleece blanket i don't use and she is sleeping like a little baby. Go figure. :).

i do have something over the crate. it's an old children tent from long ago. it fits the big crate. So i have her bed w/ blanket in the back and a wee wee pad in the front just in case.

Stupid me thought crate training was that you teach your dog to pee in the crate. lol. my mom explained it to me. lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts