Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i finally got my puppy, stella, last night. i am trying to have her sleep in a crate. she went in by herslef tonight but has been screaming, and i mean screaming, for the past 30mins. i am scared she might hurt herslef. i have read other post on this site where people say to ignore the cries and they will exhaust themselves but her cries are not normal puppy wimpers. should i let her sleep with me for the first few nights until she gets stettled? i reallly don't know whats best. please help!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Good point suzi--try to make it as comfy as possible like a warm blanket - a ticking clock to remind her of mamma- a shirt with your smell on it. a stuffed animal to let her think she is not alone.......it can be a process :roll:

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would not recommend letting her sleep in your bed unless you always want her to sleep in your bed, also, she will probably need to "go" in the night until she's a little bigger and you may not wake up when she has to go (she may not do anything to let you know she's got to go) which means you'll have a surprise in your bed in the morning. My sister had this problem when she first got her chi and let him sleep in her bed.

Charlie cried for about an hour his first night, 1/2 hr, the second night, and 5min the third night, then just a couple wimpers for a couple days.

Jessi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts