Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
It's me again its been a minute since I been here and on raw !

Well I'm lazy not gonna lie but I like raw , I'm a busy groomer and I need something quick

Question A....

So I never understood how much and how often

1.I feed once a day , Is that enough on raw ?
2.my guys are 5,6,12 lbs how much do I give ?
3. For the first meal what did you feed ! ?

I'm the type of person that is always second guessing my self if someone don't say its right lol so when yall say feed any food it will rack my brain on what's the best to feed ...
So please let me know what the best first meal should be

question B...

Also is it best to just buy some from the market or buy from a wholesale place ?
1.how much to buy from these places for 3dogs ?
2. Are the pattys any good ?

Thanx guys !!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Hi
It's me again its been a minute since I been here and on raw !

Well I'm lazy not gonna lie but I like raw , I'm a busy groomer and I need something quick

Question A....

So I never understood how much and how often

1.I feed once a day , Is that enough on raw ?
Depends on the individual dogs needs
2.my guys are 5,6,12 lbs how much do I give ?
2-3% of their ideal weight adding or subtracting depending on body condition
3. For the first meal what did you feed ! ?
Bone in chicken for the first 2 weeks - do your research bedore you strt or you can make them sick, look in the sticky in this forum

I'm the type of person that is always second guessing my self if someone don't say its right lol so when yall say feed any food it will rack my brain on what's the best to feed ...
So please let me know what the best first meal should be

Feed anything that's not enhanced just stick to rations 80% meat 10% bone 5% liver 5%other secreting organ
question B...

Also is it best to just buy some from the market or buy from a wholesale place ?
1.how much to buy from these places for 3dogs ?

It's cheaper to buy in bulk portion and freeze but depends on your freezer space
2. Are the pattys any good ?
Yes as long as you choose a good one but you won't get the dental benefits so will need to throw in some rmb meals
Thanx guys !!
Hope this helps but I would really do some reading up don't go in all guns blazing just slow and steady or you'll make them very sick. Read the sticky on this thread it really helps newbies

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Glad you already got answers. Yesterday was crazy...didn't hardly get on here at all between Christmas & working last evening. :) Kudos for going raw...I can't wait to hear how it goes!! :hello1:

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made an order last night from hare today !
I got grounded up quail and some turkey hearts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts