Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've been reading the great posts in this forum over the last week and finally decided to register.

About a month ago I adopted a Chi. She had been rescued from a pet hoarder (all the pets were chis or chi mix). She is 7 years old and until the rescue in August '11 had never lived anywhere but in that tiny, filthy house with 70 other dogs and two people. She went to foster for socialization and while there it was discovered she was pregnant so she stayed in foster care until her pups were weaned. Her foster mum was terrific!

I did a lot of research and reading before taking this on which was helpful but it is still a bit of a challenge. I'm head over heels in love with this little 5 lbs. of fur though and it's been totally worth it.

Glad to find this forum. I've already had many of my questions answered via the archives. Hopefully as time goes by, I'll have answers of my own to help others.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Aww you sound like such a sweetheart! :)
Good for you for taking on a challenge!
You WILL be rewarded beyond belief!
Welcome & enjoy your stay!:flower:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Welcome! Props to you for taking in your little sweetie I volunteer at my local humane society and there was a case quite similiar. 27 chis were rescues from a hoarder living in a small mobile home. When taken they have nails about as long as my fingers and skin issues and eye problems and so on. Among them were a little brother and sister. They have now been in foster care since October 2010. They have come a long but have yet to be adopted even tho they are at adoption events often. It is so nice to hear that you have taken the time to open your heart to a baby in need.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Congratulations on your wonderful rescue chi. It's great that you were able to give her a chance at a wonderful new life. Please post pictures of your new baby.

·
Registered
946 Posts
welcome to the forum and the breed! Both are wonderful...and you sound wonderful too to have opened your heart to this little guy. Good luck and check in often....

I feel very very fortunate that I found this forum. these are my 1st chi's too and the people here are so wonderful to alway jump in and share!:cool::cool::cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts