Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am in Michigan, USA! I'm hoping to get 2 Chi babies next Spring and would like to read here starting now & ask a question. I'd like to get 2 boy puppies, does that sound okay? I mean for getting along, etc. I would have them neutered as soon as the vet allows it.
Thank you!:D
We had a Chi many many years ago, I adore the breed. She was a tiny one, only 3.5 pounds. I believe I would like the heftier ones which I don't even know the largest healthy size they get to? Is it like 10 pounds? Is there a way to know this when getting a pup?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Good for you in researching before you leap! As for size I really don't know. I'd guess that some breeders have dogs that are going over the 6# show limit. Many badly bred chi's are near 10 lbs. Adoption has many dogs available, and I'd bet that many of those are larger. Also two dogs at once may be a little much. I'd wait 6 months and get another one.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My chi is 8.8lbs and he's healthy weight according to the vet, I prefer the heftier looking ones and i don't have to be worried about everything they do due to them being so tiny. I have a full family history of Prince and the breeder i bought him off has been breeding for years, I don't for one minute think the larger ones are poorly bred. My opinion would be go for it and get the larger looking ones! Just check with the breeder before you buy make sure the pups have had a full vet check and everything should be fine. Good luck and make sure you post some pics when they arrive :):)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts