Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I went to Charleston, SC for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. I had my mother watching my children and dogs. This is the first time I have ever left Coco alone. I was so worried about her. I kept calling home checking on her. I wanted to make sure she was eating and that no one was stepping on her. I was a nervous Nellie. To top things off, there was a dog show at the park next to our hotel. I walked out and saw a lot of lovely dogs, but only one chi. We are back home now, and Coco was so happy to see me. I don't know if I was happier or she was. My husband thought I was being ridiculous, he just doesn't understand! Does anyone else have problems leaving their chi's?

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
OMG I know what you mean i have to leave my 2 for 2 weeks in september when i get married, Lily has never left my side before and when we are at peoples houses and I go up to use bathroom she sits by the door and whines until I come back down , she will be terrible I will worry sick about her :cry:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
LOL - yeah, every time I leave the house, I feel so bad about leaving Jasmine. What makes it even worse is soon as I get my car keys off the hook, she runs and jumps on the chair by the front door just waiting to go with me. Then when I start out the door without her, she looks at me with those big eyes - OMG I can hardly stand it!! :lol: I am just thankful though that she doesn't seem to have any separation anxiety.

I'll be taking a trip back home to Texas sometime this summer, and she will definitely go with!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I never went anywhere with my last dogs - 16 years of no vacations or traveling - because they were poorly socialized and simply couldn't be away from me.

I wanted it to be different with Frasier and it is. He likes other people and I know he will be okay if I leave him for a few days. But that very first time is coming up and I'm sooooooo scared and worried.

I have to fly to Dallas next week for 3 days to pick a job and find a house. He'll be home with my husband who puts in 10-12 hour days at the office. I know Frasier will be safe but I'm terrified that since it's my first time away from him he'll be thinking Mommy has left him. :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know what you all mean. I am leaving Saturday for Dominican Republic only for 5 days. My boyfriends parents are watching my pups for me i have prepared a 6 page instruction booklet for them they think i am crazy!! I know i am going to be crying all day when i leave them and calling every day to check up. Its like having children :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
I hate being without my little Chi.
I am going through Charlie withdrawal. He is staying with my mom while I'm moving and I miss him so much! I didn't get to see him this weekend because I was apartment hunting in California. :( But I will get to see him Thurs. night and all weekend. Four more weeks until we are all moved then no more being apart for a long time :D I talk to him on the phone most nights, its funny I'm not sure what he thinks of it but he usually starts licking the phone and last night he tried to push the buttons, silly boy. :)

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I usually drive the 4 hours to my moms and aunts places alot during the year... ! reason I wanted a small dog is so that he could go with me... I even made my mom ask her manager at her apartments if it was ok for me to have Gadget there.. and they said it was fine as long as we were just visiting..

HE is my little man.. he goes every where with me.. We only have left him home 1 time when we went tot he store and Amanda was at our neighbors house and could check on him every so often...

The hardest time i have had with him is when I was in the hospital. He came and saw me the first night... but after that i didn't see him until I got into the car 3 days later... boy was he happy to see me... The good thing about it is Mark took him to work with him so he wasn't alone all day.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I know what you mean for sure! i left my Deano for 3 days with my mum and he sat on the window sill crying watching me as i left, i was constantly ringing to and checking on him, i was so devasted to leave him. I begged and begged to go in the car up to Scotland to see my sister in university but my dad said it is easier if we went on his motobike. I came home 7 hours later on the 4th day and he ran up to me going "mi mi mi mi mi mi" squeeling like a little pig. Next time we go my dad said it is ok to go in the car so i don't have to leave him and also so my sister can see him for the first time ever. I can't wait! My family say he goes into a different mode when he is with me - they call it mard mode. He goes all soft! I love how he is so attached to me its like having a friend there 24/7! He's like my little shadow! :p

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Frasier's Mommy said:
I never went anywhere with my last dogs - 16 years of no vacations or traveling - because they were poorly socialized and simply couldn't be away from me.

I wanted it to be different with Frasier and it is. He likes other people and I know he will be okay if I leave him for a few days. But that very first time is coming up and I'm sooooooo scared and worried.

I have to fly to Dallas next week for 3 days to pick a job and find a house. He'll be home with my husband who puts in 10-12 hour days at the office. I know Frasier will be safe but I'm terrified that since it's my first time away from him he'll be thinking Mommy has left him. :(
Oh wow, that's going to be brutal on you (much more so than on him). Can your husband take him to work at all? Or can he take any time off to spend with Frasier? I'm sure you've already thought of those things. Try to focus on what a joyful reunion you'll have with your boy. And don't forget, dogs have no concept of time so he won't be counting the hours like you will. It's easy for me to say that Frasier will be fine (and we both know he will be) but I also know how you must be feeling. :cry:

·
Registered
518 Posts
He can't possibly go to the hubby's office. I'd worry more then. He's fine in his room during the day. I have a gate on his door that his brother (Henry- the cat) can jump over when he chooses. They play during the day until Henry gets worn out. Then Henry jumps over the gate and takes a break from Frasier.

It's night that worries me. I can't imagine what he'll think when it's time to go to sleep and there is no mommy's hand on him until he falls asleep. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts