Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I took zola to see the vet today and he got his first jab. He was ol when he got home but now he is shaking real bad and when I picked him up he yelped which he never has done before. How were everyone elses chi's after the got home from there first check. I'm really scared because he is shaking really bad and just looks so unhappy. How do you know when your chi is taking a hypo?

I'm sorry I ask so much questions ALL the time but I'm a worrier and only want him to be happy. I don't want anything bad to happen to him

Hes sitting on my boyfriend just now and hes trying to get him off to sleep. His eyes keep really filling up to :(

Thanks
*vicky*

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
he will probably be a bit sore the first day but should be right as rain tomorrow if no improvement take him back to the vets also if he appears to get worse take him back, check out the articles on hypos in article section , has he eaten this evening if not try giving him a little honey on the end of your finger :wave:

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
jake was the same he was fine til the day after then he kept yelping when i went to pick him up and just shaking and looked terrified but it didnt last after about two days he was fine back to his old self but when i thought about it i get scared over a blood test and you think its the same size needle for a tiny chi must be stressfull

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Jasmine was a little sore the day after her first vaccination. I would try to made sure he eats just a little something, and drinks some water. If he won't eat, try giving him some nutrical or a little Karo or honey on his gums.

He will probably be fine after tomorrow, but if you are still concerned in the a.m. give your vet's office a call.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Unfortunately I think that children and dogs pick up easily on our vibes.
If you were tense about seeing the vet, then perhaps the little guy thought that this was a bad place to be. Then some one stuck a needle in him and the inoculation has started to kick in. Maybe he is suffering mild side effects but with a bit of stress thown in.

When I was a first time mother, I was nervous about all sorts of things, and this affected both child and dog. But I eventually taught myself to relax and not to fuss too much. Speaking to dogs and kids in a calm and relaxed manner also works wonders - even if you don't feel calm within yourself at first -

I also massage my tiny dogs. I lay them on my lap facing me, then I massage their tummies and forheads. They absolutley love this - and it makes them very, very calm and is good for my blood pressure.

But needless to say, take him to the vet if he gets worse.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
viper was like that too ;, when i wanted to touch him he screamed like a mad man ......
so with cosmo 's and paris's vaccinations i was already standing there with tears in my eyes ...and they had no problem at all .
i think it depends a bit from dog to dog , how they react to the jabs :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys

I'm so happy because Zola is all happy and back to himself :lol:
I had my friend look after him today as I couldnt get out of work. He behaved so well for him and went into a few playing hypers while I was gone. So I knew he was ok. He's still eating as ususal. As much as he can get. He's a wee pig. He was so happy to see his mummy when I got in today. I thought he might have been in a bad mood for me leaving him but he was so excited and I gave him a new toy for being so good :lol:

*vicky*

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Puppies after they get their shots can be ill feeling,and have some vomiting and or diarrhea and are very sore. They are like kids and it takes them a day or so to bounce back. I am glad he is feeling better :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
i took coco for his second vaccination today and he was so scared!shaking like crazy buti wouldnt worry as all animals react to vaccines but i hope your little chi gets better soon
xxx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts