Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm curious if thereis anything I can do to stop the nasty smell conning from my duckies butt.. She has been on the same diet for 2 years and this is new. It's hard to cuddle her or even get close cause it makes me very I'll. I've taken her to the vet they say the glands have to be done once a month... Isnt that harsh to do to her? Is there any other way?

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Have you tried changing her diet ? That may help, what food are you feeding at the moment ?is it a good one ? Sometimes the manufacturers change the ingedients in the food and maybe this isn't ageeing with her

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
No, emptying her anal glands isn't hard on her & some dogs have to be done every month. Saying that...diet may help her to empty her glands on her own. She needs to have firm poos for her glands to empty on their own. A raw diet helps but some still may need to be done by you or a professional. It's easy to learn how--here is a decent video to show how: How to Express a Dog's Anal Gland | eHow.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Her pop has always been firm. She has never had an issue with that. :( It sucks needing the vet to do this tho :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts