Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking into advantix, fromtline and frontline plus, of all of them i prefer frontline plus as it works best so far in our area for both flee and ticks however vixie is too small for the treatment sizes for frontline plus.
vixie is 3 1/2 lbs, and with spring now hopefully on its way, i want to get her on flea and tick treatment NOW.
Shes going to be doing alot of outdoor activities with me, our property is currently partiall fenced (this will be finnihsed this spring) but slighlty wooded and though this summer were landscaping we are right next to a vast amount of tall grass hillside which deer, fox, skunk rabbit and even cyote and bobcat frequent, many of the smaller animals and deer come on our property and no matter how much we try short of spraying the area with pesticide (not happening poor puppies) we will never be completly tick free.
and during the summer shes also accompanying me on my camping trips.

shes already on heartguard (lots of mosquitos around here) but i was wondering what everyone else uses for flea and tick prevention COMBINED protection is an absolute nessisary.
theres so many out there, but reacently ive only had experience with frontline plus, and dont know what else works as well...

and with spring coming this might be a question on a few newer chi peoples minds.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I dont use frontline or any of the flea drops I tried a couple different ones & they made Taders fur come out the vet said it could be one of the pesticides they use in making them as soon as I discontinued use of them all his fur came back almost immediatly Im now using flea & tick spray its made by Hartz I use it on both my dogs & on my cat it seems to work great for us I also keep the yard sprayed so that also helps.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
when my pointer was here i used frontline plus and interceptor on her.

for my 5 shih tzu mixes we use frontline and heartguard on some and revolution and heartguard on others.

for chiwi i use frontline and heartguard but that may change because she is picky about eating things and it took a loooot of coaxing to get her to eat her heartguard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts