Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there Chi-peeps!

Just a small vent :(...I'm really worried and barely got any sleep.

My parent's cat Rex had fleas a few months ago and I zapped him and my outdoor GSD/Lab both with Advantage and all seemed well. We sprayed and vaccuumed the entire house countless times and since I wasn't bitten too badly, I thought my room was pretty good.

Fluffers, my chi pup, lives exclusively in my room and he was treated with Advantage Multi when I got him (for fear of demodex mange) but just last night, I woke up with like 5 bites...so I freaked out and washed all my bedding and zapped Fluffs with Advantage again.

Worst of all, I came home work today and found out my mom treated my 15lb cat with the Advantage 55 for my dog. I tried to wipe as much off as possible. It's been a few hours...Rex seems fine but I'm still so angry and worried...

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
If you see signs that kitty is not doing well, then obviously take him to the vet.
But I don't think you need to worry too much, because Advantage tests their products in
larger quantities than what you are told to put on your pet, to make sure that if an
accident does happen your pet stays safe. As for bites on you, are you sure it's fleas?
Could it be bed bugs?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I was gonna say, are you certain what you have is flea bites? As in, have you actually seen the live fleas on you? Because they don't typically bite people... I've heard if they do its usually just around the ankles for whatever reason. If bed bugs are a possibility, they may be the cause.

Pictures of Bed Bug Bites

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fleas DO bite people, especially if they are in bed with you!
I'd watch that cat very closely because you arent supposed to put dog flea products on cats, you can put cat drops on a dog, but NOT the other way round. It could turn out very serious.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
This is what it says to look out for...

"Signs of Advantage overdose (toxicity) are fatigue, twitching, cramps, and weakness
leading to possible asphyxia. If any of these signs occur, take your cat to the vet asap."

Hope kitty's ok!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot guys :)

No new bites tonight after bedding change. I think one odd flea might have gotten in the bed. Fleas do bite people...and it can be really brutal. They eat you alive!!

The cat seemed a bit tired yesterday but he's always tired, but I think he's ok. It's good to know Advantage do tests like LS mentioned...it gives me relief >_<.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Good to know everything's fine. :)
I was a little worried.

Now listen, you asked me for pictures of Chanel, which you will get once this horrible, never-ending move is over.
But meanwhile I want pictures of little Fluffers!!! NOW! :foxes15: ...I mean please. :D
He is sooooooo cute! :p He probably changed since I last saw his pics, they grow so quick at that age.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:eek: Fluffs still looks the same...or so I think, I stare at him too much everyday haha. I will try to get some new shots :)!

Chanel is sooo fluffy and white...and fluffy....
LS!! MOVE FASTERRRRR!!!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
You should take pics often. I also thought that Chanel has not changed from 2
months to now, but when I look at the pictures I took along the way I'm
shocked at how different she looks. I don't remember her being tiny for more
than a day,lol. She is getting fluffier, I think she'll have an awesome coat, both
her parents are gorgeous with thick coats.

Do you have other dogs besides Fluffers?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder if Fluffs is going to have a nice coat. So far he's at 4 months and still just puppy coat so it seems. He has a nice thick puppy coat though but not much long guard hairs. His ear fur is getting shaggier and spikier though. Maybe he'll just be a shaggy medium hair chi :D yay!

I do have another dog though I've passed her on to my parents. I have a German Shepherd x Lab. Looks like a german shepherd, coat is like a yellow lab with orange markings lol. She's a little scaredy cat.

I find with bigger dogs, the change is much more drastic...especially when they come with floppy ears and end up with erect rabbit ears...

BTW I LOVE CHANEL'S EARS They're SOOO funny and cute at the same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts