Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't too sure where to post but...
I've already found a flea inside the house.
My dogs have been showered in Flea and Tick shampoo and have the monthly treatment.
But what can I do inside the house. Saturday I'm going to sweep and mop everything (I don't have carpet)
I also have a Flea and Tick spray for home use. I'll spray all the base board's, dog blankets and the curtains.
Hopefully I'll go out this weekend to PetSmart and buy the Flea and Tick treatment spray for the yard (attach the bottle to the hose)

Do you have any other advice or anything you do?
I deal with this every spring and summer but now that I'm apart of this forum I'm interested to see what you guys do.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
488 Posts
For the blankets and beds, I would wash them instead of spraying them. If the dogs are treated, the fleas are unlikely to flourish, so no need to go whole hog in my view.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the blankets and beds, I would wash them instead of spraying them. If the dogs are treated, the fleas are unlikely to flourish, so no need to go whole hog in my view.
Family member found the flea and in reality they shouldn't be finding a flea in their room. My dogs don't even go in there room but fleas and ticks travel.
I do wash all the blankets but I still spray them afterwards.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
If you don't know whether or not fleas are at large in your house; I have worn white socks, turned out the lights and walked around. Boy did my mom's room have fleas.! (brother brought 2 cats that were 'boarded' in her room for 2 weeks. I was FURIOUS at him) I fogged that room. With the whole house, vacuum, vacuum, vacuum. Too much chemicals might bother the animals?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts