Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed up with Photobucket so that I could post pictures, but I don't like it very much. I DO like Flickr and have many images there. But I simply cannot figure out how to post pix here, from there? Am I just being a complete dunce? :confused:

Every time I try and use flickr to post pix here, all I get is the Flickr URL, but none of the IMG tags that I get with Photobucket.

Is it even possible to use Flickr for pix? Anyone?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I always just link to my Flickr album. I'm not sure if flickr supplies links to pictures. So I normally either only add a link to my flickr album or add a few to PB that I especially like and then post those as IMG and also link to my Flickr album so people can see the rest if theyd like to.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
On your flickr page - open the picture you want - and choose which size you want to post

Beneath the photo there is text for 1. and 2.
At 2. it says " 2. Grab The Photo's URL'
highlight the entire string in the box ( it will turn blue)
use the CTRL, and C keys

( Ctrl-C is copy, Ctrl-V is paste)

Come back here, click the 'Insert Image' icon - it is the yellow one with the mountains - it will say 'Insert Image' when you put your mouse over it.

When the prompt comes up use the Ctrl-V keys to paste the text you just
copied there.

This photo link looks like this(without the * at either end:

[*IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2448/3612741136_21bdb85f0d.jpg[/IMG*]

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On your flickr page - open the picture you want - and choose which size you want to post

Beneath the photo there is text for 1. and 2.
At 2. it says " 2. Grab The Photo's URL'
highlight the entire string in the box ( it will turn blue)
use the CTRL, and C keys

( Ctrl-C is copy, Ctrl-V is paste)

Come back here, click the 'Insert Image' icon - it is the yellow one with the mountains - it will say 'Insert Image' when you put your mouse over it.

When the prompt comes up use the Ctrl-V keys to paste the text you just
copied there.

This photo link looks like this(without the * at either end:

[*IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2448/3612741136_21bdb85f0d.jpg[/IMG*]

You, sir, are AWESOME!!!! :love2: Thank you SO much! I just posted a pic thread using your instructions, and it worked like a CHARM!

Thanks Alan, really. Much appreciated. I so much prefer working in Flickr than I do Photobucket. Plus Flickr is linked to my iPhoto, so with one click I can upload pix between them. So much more convenient.

You rock! :D

·
Registered
538 Posts
If you use firefox
right click on the photo "View Image"
then copy the URL on the bar.
OR
Right click > Propertys and then copy the URL

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That wouldn't give you the IMG tags though, would it? It sounds like you'd just get the URL, and no image. But what do *I* know, I'm on a Mac not a PC, and my mouse doesn't have left click and right click buttons lol!

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts