Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister called and told me she just ordered Flint River Ranch cat food for her pussycat and that she loves it. I have heard of them before and I know you can only order it online from them but I was wondering if anyone had tried it before and if their pups liked it.

My sis has a friend that lives on a ranch and she said they feed it to all their working dogs and they poop a lot less since everything gets absorbed into the body, producing less waste. I bought the Innova for Cooper and he really liked the sample package but, of course, when I shelled out the big bucks for the actual bag of food, he decided he'd rather have something else. :evil:

I'm about ready to drop-kick that dog! He always loves the sample bags but if it costs me over $10, he decides he doesn't want it!!! :lol: At least the dogs at the humane society have been getting really good treats lately (Natural Balance, Royal Canin, Wellness, and next week, Innova).

OmaKitty is so easy... Fancy Feast dry and canned. She won't eat anything else and before the FF dry, she was eating Cat Chow. She won't eat anything "natural" or "holistic" or good for her... she just wants cr-ap and I give it to her. And I thought cats were the finicky ones and dogs would eat anything!! :lol:

I thought I'd add a link to their site: http://www.flintriverranch.org. There are several other sites that ship the food, like http://www.flintriver.com for free (only to the US, sorry Canada and Europe!). They also have a money back guarantee that your dog/cat will love the food more than their current. With Cooper, that shouldn't be easy to prove. LOL

·
Registered
746 Posts
Well, I just got the sample packs from Flint River. All my dogs loved them, and so did my cat, but she didn't like the cat "treats". Not a treat for her apparently (she is the typical picky cat).

Of course, like you said, sometimes they love the sample and then you buy the big bag and they get tired of it. I'm going to give it a try when they run out of the Eukanuba and Royal Canin.

Funny thing is they all want the others food. My big dogs want Mo's mini breed puppy food, and Mo wants their senior food! Grass is always greener, I guess? :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just saw your post, right after I ordered from the other place. Good thing they were having the same sale! LOL

·
Registered
746 Posts
Rachael,

They are pretty big. The oven baked food is irregularly shaped. Some pieces are bigger than others...like broken up biscuits. They also have nugget food. I measured a nugget, and it was about a half inch, so don't know if dainty Lily can manage it. :) Mo, on the other hand, thinks he is a German Shepherd, so he has no problem. :wink:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered 3 packages of sample packs... there are 4 or 5 different foods in each, so I'll have enough to share if you want me to send you one or two to try out on Lily-kins.

I've already got the senior food going to Cash, Cooper's best friend with a thyroid problem and food allergies. We would be happy to mail out some to Lily and charge it to the business account! :)

I love working for the IRS! I learn to cheat in so many ways!! :read:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Cooper said:
I ordered 3 packages of sample packs... there are 4 or 5 different foods in each, so I'll have enough to share if you want me to send you one or two to try out on Lily-kins.

I've already got the senior food going to Cash, Cooper's best friend with a thyroid problem and food allergies. We would be happy to mail out some to Lily and charge it to the business account! :)

I love working for the IRS! I learn to cheat in so many ways!! :read:
I appreciate the offer but if the pieces are big, Lily-kins won't even try them. :wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts