Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bringing my 16 week old baby home with me for the first time this weekend (been fostered in another state untiil I could get him). He will have to fly and I just wondered how Chis handled flying. I have requested the vet give him a sedative, but how do I deal with him using the potty? Should I just keep puppy pads in the carrier and change them when we switch flights? I don't want him sitting in his own urine, but of course I can't take him out either.
Any help, suggestions, or personal stories would be great!
Mel

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you! Well, we live in Las Vegas and Pip is in Missouri, that is quite a long drive, appx two to three days. We are going home to visit friends and family as well.
I hadn't thought of diapers!! That is def a thought!
we have sedated cats before when my husband brought his cat from MO to CA, and it seemed to work okay. I feel comfortable letting the vet make that decision. I just don't want to stress Pip out or have him barking the whole flight (I sat next to a pup not long ago, and he barked the whole two hour flight, and I was trying to sleep, I don't want to put out anyone).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, missed yours!:)
He did just fine in the four hour ride he took from where my mom picked him up from the resue org, though he did pee and poop on my sis;)
But, that was some time ago, three months. My sis takes him in the car a lot and she hasn't informed me that he has any difficulty in cars.
Our first flight will be about two hours, the second leg two to three. So, I could take him to the ladies room I guess and see if he will go on the paper. I appreciate all this help!!!! I have had five Chis in my life, but all were much older, so the puppy thing is very new tome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts