Mia and I are taking a flight on thursday.
its only about 1 hour and 10 minute flight.
is there anything i should worry about, or any advise you can give me on making it easy and stress free for her.... and me :?
1) Make sure to confirm with the airline that Mia will be flying with you in the cabin. Check with the airline about their requirements for health certifications if any.
2) Make sure your carrier is airline approved and will fit under the seat in front of you.
3) Don't give Mia any sedatives, she will likely just lay down and go to sleep during the flight.
4) Don't give Mia any food and little water a couple hours before your flight so she won't have to go to the bathroom in the airport or on the plane. Also her stomach won't get upset this way.
5) Have a harness or collar on her with a lease available. Although once inside the terminal she wont be allowed our of her carrier, she will need to be taken out and taken through the security checks with you.
6) Make sure you have an identification tag or her aswell as her carrier in case an emergency should happen or you get seperated from her.
Other then that, sit back, relax and enjoy the short flight! :lol:
Pixie had her first airplane trip with me last week. She did so well. I was nervous but she just slept the whole time and never made a peep. I actually snuck her on to my lap and hid her under a sweatshirt on my second flight since she was being so good. I'm sure Mia will do great also! Good luck.
when i took my dog to florida last august it was his first plane ride. it cost 80 dollars each way, plus i had to buy a sherpa travel bag and that was about 45 dollars. we fle on uniTED. jack was very good, a little whiny and mad and scratching the sides of the bag so people kept looking at me. but he slept the whole time in the plane like he does in the car.we went to st.petersburg at the don cesar resort which is pet friendly. it wsa very hot there in august tho. we took jack to fort de soto which is a nice state park that has a dog area and a dog beach. jack went swimmin in the ocean. we are goin to florida again in 3 weeks.[/u]
i think everythings been covered but i will reemphasize call the airline and double even tripple check that shes booked as flying with you as your hand luggage (and rember not to take any hand luggage of your own as shes classed as your carry on) and have a copy of her vacination reccord on you just in case. she should have some form of id on her and some form of id attatched to her travel bag and then keep a picture of her and her info on you (in case you get seperated, you can prove shes your then)
make sure the carrier you have is airline aproved it has to fit under the seat.
during your flight ask the host/ess if shes allowed out of the bag, some allow it some dont, but she'll likely just go to sleep in her carrier. and enjoy, oh and be prepared for people cooing over your baby lol