Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been feeding my girls wellness canned and dry for about 3 years now. I just bought a case of cans and when I opened the first one, the food looked different to me. It is darker in color and I think it smells different. So I decided to open another can but it is the same as the first. I am unsure if the company changed it somehow or if I should take it back to the store. I do not want to go buy more, just to have it be the same way. Should I feed them the food, take it back, buy more? Should I just go buy another brand like THK? This has never happened to me and I am unsure what is the best thing to do. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
This is why I got away of the processed. I never buy canned. I've been buying THK for over 2 months now & really like it. I'd probably take it back if you're that concerned. Follow you instincts. Rather be safe than sorry.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
It's probably okay. Just different lots. Our last two cases were darker as well. No problems, though. You can always call and ask the company. That might give you peace of mind. But if you are leery, I would just take it back. Anytime I feel uncomfy about something, I won't feed it. Better to be safe than sorry.

Everyone is having great success with THK. You could give it a try. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I think I am going to call the company and switch their food to either ziwi or THK.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Another vote for a mix of both ZP and THK. I feed THK mixed with meat or canned food. THK will send you free samples of their food if you send them an email requesting them. I also have HK coupons/coupon codes you can use on THK foods if you decide you want to try it, just send me a PM if you're interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts