Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi since coming home with Pixie yesterday shes only ate the equivalent of a bowls worth of her food. Shes not shy so I dont think its a settling in thing, I am just worried about her food intake. She has had about 5 poops since we've had her so shes obviously eating bits of her food. Shes on James wellbeloved. Did anyone else babies do this? Thanks xxx

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
How much is a bowls worth of food ? and is that what the breeder was feeding her JW ? You could try soaking it in some water to make a gravy and see if she likes that better

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Breeder told us 3o grams. I put a little water on last night and she ate some and then I gave it her dry today and she ate about a mouth full. Yes JW is her change over food x

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It was a food the vet recommeded to me, she was on dry food and he told me to put her on natures diet which is like a pate, he warned me she may get abit of an upset tummy but she never did. I have put Teddy on it as well and he coped well with it. I know some do not cope with food change but my 2 seem to have cast iron guts lol, they can eat anything.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol:D well thats good that they have strong stomachs! I think I will give her a couple of days then if shes still not too interested I will start adding a bit of new food to her diet each day. Thanks xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts