Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with food for Penny...she is very skinny, Im not sure if its normal skinny or too skinny but I can see her spine a bit. I've never had a dog before so I want aware until recently that beneful was bad for her...

So this is what she usually has, her bowl always has some beneful puppy crunchies in it which she likes (she used to have the ceasars small dog crunchies but she refused to eat them so she likes the benful) and at dinner time I give her Ceasars little dog food wet slices (which she LOVES). My problem is I want to maybe ween her off of the wet food because she poop is very very soft lately and messy...but I want her to be healthy and not get too skinny and I dont know if she'll eat enough of the crunchies to keep her healthy and like I said, Beneful I hear isnt very good.

I cant do raw with her, but any other ideas would be great, I just want her to be healthy...

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Hmm, I just got my puppy from the breeder who had her on eukanuba puppy food (dry) she liked it, but i wanted to put her on something a little better. So I found Wellness (also dry). It has good ingredients and she likes it too. So i'm in the process of doing the switchover. But I have noticed she eats it faster and seems to like it better with a little bit of warm water in it. she is pretty round looking and i dont see any bones. lol How old is your pup?
Protein on wellness is 28% Fat is 17 % Find a good dog food, i'm sure you will get plenty of suggestions on here. And start her on it by just giving a little new with her old food and gradually increase the amt of the new and reduce the old each day so it's not a shock to her stomach. The wet stuff you mentioned that she likes, i would cut back on that as well. Until it's such a tiny amt. in with her new food and then none at all. Until she is only on the new "dry" food. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts