Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyf mum has my tyke every monday
Shes forever buying him things :D she loves him alot!
Shes gone an got a book on home made dog food or something..
and tyke comes home with 10 pots of food she made!

this is whats in it

Beef mince
lambs liver
potato
carrot
parsnip
handful of porridge oats
handful of rice
beef stock

now shes got this from a dog book..is it ok do you think to be feeding my tyke this..he loves it :roll:

i have heard alot of people on here say that human food is bad..???

thanks
star x

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Human food can be bad but it can also be good. I'm not that knowledgeable on homemade dog food but I know my friend feeds her dog rice and chicken with a few veggies thrown in and he does very good with it.

Maybe someone else can give a more educated response though.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
if you're going to feed your dog an all "human food" diet, you need to make sure they get all the vitamins and minerals they needs to stay healthy. i was going to try that kind of diet with chico, but i started reading up on it and since i've never done it before, decided not to. it seemed really complicated to me because you have to add certain supplements to their food, and make sure you cook the food just right in order to keep the vitamins and minerals in them. if you're considering this kind of diet, i'd maybe try talking to a vet or someone you know who's very experienced in this area.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I agree with Chico's mom. If you are considering a home made diet, you should consult with your vet about it.

I had checked into it at one time, but it sounded sort of complicated so I decided against it. I don't mind the extra work, but I would worry about Jazzy getting all the proper vitamins and nutrients she needs.

I mentioned it to my vet at one time, and she wasn't enthusiastic about it - and she definitely is not in favor of the Barf (all raw) diet.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think ill have a look at the book she got and have a read

and then see what the vet says :)

im not that keen on making this all the time as im not much of a cook!
he seems to love it tho..licks the bowl clean :roll:

thanks for your help
star

1 - 7 of 7 Posts