Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is the best brand to feed our babies? (That is dried food)

When I first got Lola she was on Burns puppy which is supposed to be really good for them and only natural ingredients. Then she went off that and I have started feeding her Science Plan puppy which is what the vets here recommend. The other day I was told this food is not great at all and has all kinds of E numbers and bad stuff. I was told to feed something called Nature Diet which is completely natural but this only comes as semi moist which I don't want her eating. She likes crunching her food and its good for her teeth so I prefer the dried food. Now it appears she's gone off the Science Plan too for some reason!? I guess being fed the same thing three times a day would be pretty boring after a while but I want to find a really good food and stick to it no matter the cost.

Any advice?
thanks
Lucie & Lola :wave:

·
Registered
587 Posts
You can do a search on the subject. There are tons of posts about it. But I myself feed my baby chi Royal Canin Mini puppy 33 (the smallest they make). The kibbles are TINY and are perfect for there little mouths, i was going to put her on Wellness but they only come in one puppy size and they were way to big for her. Both are great foods, all natural. I also add a little Wellness wet food and she loves it. Hope that helps! :wave:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
yes, there's lots of threads on this subject. there's really no answer to the "best" food, but educating yourself on the subject can help you make a decision thats right for you and your chi. just make sure that whatever you choose, your chi likes the food too :)

i feed Chico Wellness dry, and he gets the Wellness canned as a treat. He likes it, and as a puppy, i fed him Nutro Natural Choice, but he got tired of that so i gave him the Nutro Max puppy.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper LOVES the Wellness wet food but wasn't crazy about the dry. He gets Natural Balance dry now - the one made by Dick Van Patten. He likes it when 70s TV stars make his dinner! :D

We just take about a tablespoon of the Wellness and mix it with a bit of the NB and he inhales it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts