Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just sitting here wondering if Leila will have trouble eating her kibble since i'm having all her remaining baby teeth out. I don't know how many she still had in there, she wouldn't hold still for me to look. I'm wondering if I shouldn't run and get some alternative for her to eat just in case she can't chew up her orijen.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I think she'll be fine, she may not want to eat right away though. You could pick up a can or two of canned food just to be safe, you also could mix that w/ her kibble to encourage her appetite, although from the sounds of it shes a big eater and I bet you won't have any problems.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
The vet that did Darla's spay also took out some teeth, and he said to just give her chicken cause it is softer.
I only had to do that the first day.
She also wasnt really interested in food that first day anyway, but i gave her some in her crate while she rested.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is a good eater but i'm betting she wont want much today. But just worried about her not having enough teeth left to eat. lol
I thought about picking up some of the honest kitchen but where i can get it they have really weird hours so they may be closed by now. Maybe if she can't eat i'll boil her up some chicken or something.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Mix 1/4 scrambled egg in w/ her kibble to get her going...aw, she will be just fine. Just think, she's probably all done now and in recovery :)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
You could also soften her kibble up a bit by mixing in some warm water, that would make it easier on her to eat if her mouth is feeling sore or she is low on teeth :) Let us know what the vet says when you call!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
When Mari had a few teeth out the vet suggested just letting her kibble sit in warm water for a few minutes prior to letting her eat. It really wasn't necessary for her though...her tooth removal didn't slow her down in the least bit. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts