Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pixie is 11 weeks old and came with James wellbeloved dry food. Do I need to put any tinned food in their as well or any extra food? Also what other foods do I need to be feeding her, or do I just stick with the dry food? Do I need to be feeding her 3 times a day? I keep reading different things in my books. One says 3 times a day at 11 weeks one says once a day (feeding her 30 grams) sorry for all the questions, I just want to get it right. xxx

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am not familiar with that dog food but you need to feed at least 3 times a day. Just gauge what she usually eats in one sitting and give her about that much every time you feed. You shouldnt have to supplement but again I am not familiar with that food. If it were me, I would supplement a bit with some Nutri-cal in the morning and at night just to be safe of sugar drops.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Personally, I free my puppies that young. I, also, am not familar with that food. But it should be a complete puppy food and so should have all the stuff they need. No puppy can go only being feed once a day. Their tummies are small and the have a lot of growing to do, so at leat 3 to 4 times a day of you can't free feed them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weve been feeding her 3 times a day. The only problem is she barely eats, shes pooping ok so she must be eating bits of food but i wish she would eat more. Its a struggle to get her to eat 1 bowl full a day :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
A lot of puppies tend to want to eat when they are hungry. I have always let mine free feed but if the meal amount is gone before the next feeding, then I don't refill it. It seems to work and mine aren't over weight or anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts