Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new addition.. Still working on her name.. Well her pervious owner only fed her table scraps! Well we don't allow our dogs table scraps in our household. Well she wouldn't touch the her food for a couple days and yesterday she finally ate. But has had the runs all night ): I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to help her tummy get used to her food after having table scraps for 9 months?

· Registered
4,175 Posts
I would ask what is wrong with people, but guess there is no need now that she is yours and in better hands!

I would start slowly as Michele has suggested. Her little body really has some adjusting to do.

I might boil and shred some chicken breast, mix in some canned pumpkin and a bit of the food you are planning to feed. I would gradually increase her new food until that is all you are feeding. I'd do it over the course of 7-10 days.

Unless you are feeding raw, then ignore what I said!

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the first thing my boyfriend said once he handed her to meand we still say how it makes us mad. When he got her the lady was feeding one of her other chis fries from McDonald's! He felt bad for this other chi but we could only take in one more at this time):

We were going to try raw but last time we gave our big dogs raw meat it made them very ill. And it wouldn't be fair and we try to keeps things very equal

· Registered
4,175 Posts
Nutrients and such would be hard to manage properly on table scraps. Her little system is likely pretty out of balance.

I guess people think they are being really nice to dogs to feed them our kinds of food. They do not process food the same as humans. It is actually not being kind and fun, it is cruel.

Blue Buffalo is a good food. I'd choose the Wilderness variety if I were feeding kibble. Here is a link to reviews:
Search Results blue buffalo

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nutrients and such would be hard to manage properly on table scraps. Her little system is likely pretty out of balance.

I guess people think they are being really nice to dogs to feed them our kinds of food. They do not process food the same as humans. It is actually not being kind and fun, it is cruel.

Blue Buffalo is a good food. I'd choose the Wilderness variety if I were feeding kibble. Here is a link to reviews:
Search Results blue buffalo
I know I couldn't do it, even with my bigger dogs/:
That's actually the kind we are feeding them.
:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.