Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chi is 10 weeks today and she always used to eat dry food at the breeder however around 2 days ago she did not want to eat it and i soaked the food in some hot water and coco ate it straight away leaving nothing behind!

i was just wondering if the food loses some of the nutrition value or not???

thanks
Pola and cococ ;)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I dont know much about kibble foods, but I know you can get some that are meant to be soaked in water, I dont see that it would loose any nutritional value. I'm sure some other kibble feeders will come online soon!

·
Registered
245 Posts
As far as it losing any nutrients, I would think that if they eat the whole thing water and all they would be getting all the nutrients.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Dry food does lose it's nutritional value as it gets older and especially if it is left sitting out for long periods of time. That's why I don't typically recommend leaving food out all the time. Think of how a brand new bag of kibble smells better the day you open it for the first time versus how it smells by the time you reach the bottom of the bag. ;)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
I add water to my chis meals.
It's fresh each time though, not free fed.
I cant really see how it would lose any of the goodness with just a wee bit of water in it.
It also helps them with their poos i have found. lol

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
when chico was on kibble I poured his food in an airtight sealed container....I didn't want it to lose anything by the time I reached the end of the bag... and I soaked it in alittle water for 5 mins before feeding him...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts