Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it but I taught Luxie how to sit and how to focus (eye contact)!!!
I'm so proud of her but secretly also proud of myself because this is the first time I've thought a dog tricks! We did about 1 clicker training session a day and she did sit in about 3 days and focus in one and a half when I trained her twice a day!! She's a smart little girl!! So cute!! I'll make a video soon!

·
Registered
801 Posts
That is awesome, can't wait to see the video!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Well done Luxie! Some dogs just get it straight away and she must be one of them so lucky you! Axle was a dream for me to train but I think Chloe has ADD or something because she can't seem to focus (she will sit for food though). I found shake hands really easy to train, Ax got it in 2 days so maybe give that a go with Luxie next if she's a quick learner.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Congrats!

I would love to see a video of her brilliance! I'll bet it is just adorable.

Good job training so early. I am a bit behind but we are catching up.

Focus will be SUPER hard for Eden who also has attention issues!

·
Registered
946 Posts
We are working on basic obedience ( walking nicely, sit, stay, come). It is a challenge with these ill guys but they are really smart, so I'm hanging in there! My hubby went to class with the 2 that travel with him & Clapton won the "Most Improved" award yesterday in the final class.! Now he is signed up for level 2---wheeee! Since I live in the boonies, I have to pass on an official class, but have trained pups since childhood in 4H, so we are going it solo in our yard for now.
I have been really curious about the clicker training---that is new since I attended class.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats!! I am recently feeling this joy as well being a new mommy watching your puppy become polite and such. Milo has a while to go but he's getting there, he's learned he needs to sit if he wants me to give him dinner and to get on the bed. He's also learned to go potty on the papers, it's a start!

I'm so glad you are making much faster progress than I! Maybe I should invest in a clicker!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts