Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still looking for a few homes for some of my rescues.
1 Chihuahua approximately 11 months crate trained almost housetrained
1 Dachshund still whizzing around( he's a new pup)
1 Shih- tzu almost 1 year housetrained

It has been nothing but heartache the past month with the rescue. I recently had a Chi come back hurt from an adoption and another Chi was returned for Peeing on the floor the first day.... I mean duhhhhh there is an adjustment period.

Shih Tzu is a beautiful small sized girl who is very friendly with everyone.
Chihuahua is larger female with excellent temperment and also loves everyone.
Dachshund is a new lilltle Miniature Dachshund puppy just now ready for new home.

YES these dogs have an adoption fee and if anybody has anything negative to say about fees please keep it to yourself. I continually pay more for upkeep and rescue then I charge for adoption. I have never been anyting but in the red when it has come to the rescue and all funds come from my own pocket! :wave:

Oh... located in Pa, and you would have to arrange transportation yourself via ground transport , rescue transport or something else. I am too far from an airport.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe the new pup...LOL :D

Actually the tiniest dog I ever adopted out was a super tiny poodle. Oh my Gosh she was so beautiful. Dark chocolate brown with beautiful clossy tight curls...sigh I was so tempted to keep her. She as just over a pound when she went to her new home and the new owner was CRAZY about her. I had gotton a litter of newborns and while the rest were regular toy size she was SO TINY, but healthy as a horse. The adopter adopted her sight unseen couldn't believe how beautiful she turned out. I told her that she was being rewarded for adopting a site unseen pup. :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah.. some peopel expect the rescue dogs to be like perfect Showdogs or something. usually if someone calls me about adopting and has a list of "qualifications" I tell them I don't have anything even if I have a dog that they might be interested in.

the one girl is FABULOUS and I told the woman she was crate trianed and jalmost housebroken. I say almost because I am home alday and can watch for signs but if Someone worked a schedule or routine would have to be gotton into. Well the Chi peed on her floor day one and then the lady called me fusssing saying I said the dog was housetrained , and I tried to tell her to give it time because most anydog needs an adjustment period...sigh.... but she was just mad so i told her to bring her back if she was unhappy!

The second little Chi is a boy who is very sweet but the adopter called me wanting to know what was wrong with his eyes after short time. She brought the dog back saying it had an eye problem I didn't disclose. Well his eyes were clouded kind of and had a sore spot on one. Now I KNOW I would have noticed this when he left and so would she have when she picked him up,so it made me wonder. I really wondered if something happened or if she did something with him and they got infected or burned from shampoo or something and she didn't want to fess up or take him to the doctoe. The doctor gave me some ointment and said let the intment be in the eyes for 10 days and we would evaluate then. The doctor thinks it coud be some type of cataracts or something because I said his eyes always were blue since we had him but I thought they were just blue.But he also found it strange that catarts would show up so fast at such a young age . Anyway we will be reevaluated next appointment but in the meantine the chi can see Ok so i have no idea.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think my head is going to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my head is going to explode....................if I get one more email today with someone request a dog with a certain look and certain characteristics....ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

and ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH again :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

hello... this is a rescue.. If you want something particular PAY FOR IT and go to a breeder. I'm so sick of EL CHEAPOS trying to get something for nothing...sigh

Little do they realize that some rescues really are SOMETHING :wave:

Oh by the way. The people weren't from the board.. they were from an ad that I put out that just started today for the Rescue. I just had to VENT

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Everyone has a home. BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I have one special needs Chi boy if anyone knows of anybody. It's my boy with the eye problem. he is SUPER DUPER little guy and still can see but no one wants him....sniff sniff because his eye problem. If anyone has a big heart please contact me. SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf :cry:

Adoption fee will be waived to a good home on this Baby.

I any of the mods can add I picture, can I please send one so it can be attached? Thank you[/img]

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Re: WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cuddles said:
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Everyone has a home. BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I have one special needs Chi boy if anyone knows of anybody. It's my boy with the eye problem. he is SUPER DUPER little guy and still can see but no one wants him....sniff sniff because his eye problem. If anyone has a big heart please contact me. SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf :cry:

Adoption fee will be waived to a good home on this Baby.

I any of the mods can add I picture, can I please send one so it can be attached? Thank you[/img]
I must have gotten rid of Moo's pic so send it to me again I will post it

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
maybe if people know a little bit about his eye problem and if anything is required to care for it etc - you might get more interest.

good luck

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So now this is strange......

I'm looking at my little chi today and all the sudden I'm noticing his eyes are much better. I can still see a tiny bit of haze but they were way worse before and now suddenly they are way better. Now I'm wondering about the whole thing. First when the lady gave him back he looked horrible and I thought some type of inflamation from a chemical or something... then I calmed down and saw the vet and thought maybe an eye desease but we still had doubts because it all happened SO fast ...... now I'm thinking maybe burn or chemical or some thing again because how can such a reversal take place with an eye disease?????? Ok MAYBE it is something but I really think something was done to him to accelerate the problem and now I'm very confused. I will have to make a new appointment at the vet and let him see. i mean how can you go from hardly able to see his iris and stuff to seeing everything around eye area almost fine????????? Just a very light hazy area now and you have to hold him to the light and wiggle him around to get a look at it :?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Maybe it's like our boston. He scratched his eye...we still don't know how...and it ulcerated undetected until it was completely healed. I noticed a tiny dot of cloudiness in his eye one day while I was holding him. I took him to the vet and he said it had been scratched and was healed already. I felt just awful wondering how I missed it and the vet said I probably wouldn't have noticed it unless it got red and weepy. Even then as active as our boston is we might not have noticed. I guess he was correct because now he is fine except he will always have that tiny cloudy spot where there is scar tissue.

He bounces a hard Nylabone ball off his head like a soccer player. We took it away from him even though he loved it dearly. We suspect it had dirt on it that got in his eye and made the scratch, but we'll never know for sure. :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well that makes sense because he looked fine when he left and horrible when the lady brought him back. BUTTTTTT Both eyes looked bad so I thought it was weird.

So today they still look so much better and I'm still using drops on him and will just keep watch . He is soooo sweet . I have him listed with some groups as special needs because I'm not sure yet until everything heals.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Ms_P said:
Did you take him to a vet to determine what is wrong with his eyes?
Cuddles said: then I calmed down and saw the vet and thought maybe an eye desease but we still had doubts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
He's a cutie, I hope he finds a home.
Cuddles, send me a shih tzu :lol: they are just the funniest little things!
You are such a great person to be able take care of all these little rescues.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts