Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
View attachment 8819

Dear Auntie,
Thwank you vewy much for my bag of goodies! As you can see I wuv my pizzle (mummy still hasn't got over the shock of that one!) I haven't put it down all day so mummy will definitely be buying me more!
Thwank you to Honey too for sharing wiv me!
Mewwy Chwistmas to you!
Vewy much love,
Rolo xx

View attachment 8820

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not as scary as I thought it would be! Lol. I don't know what I was expecting! Something a bit more "pizzle" like I think, if you guys hadn't have told me what they were made of I'd never have guessed and it doesn't smell at all! (Thank god!)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
They are doggy crack! Toby gets cranky if he can't have his chewy (aka bully stick) at least a few times a week. When I first found out what they are I was shocked, but he lovesss them, so I got over it. Lol.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah! And now I have something I can use to get him to drop things! He was just running around the room with a lottery ticket in his mouth, I waggled his bully stick at him and he let me take it out of his mouth without having to do the usual 25 laps around the kitchen table!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
He's really loving his bully, isn't he?! Good boy. I haven't met a dog that didn't
like bullies. Just be careful don't give too much or too often, some pups get
loose stools.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
How often would you give them? Once a week?

One stick per week is what I give. But I don't let them eat it all at once. Let
them chew for a little while, then trade it for something they love like a tiny
piece of cheese or turkey, and put the bully stick on the counter to dry. Then
in a day give it back for a bit, and so forth. Some dogs handle them fine, but
we have puppy mill dogs with sensitive tummies. Not to mention it is still a treat,
so I rather not overdo it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
LOL...I guess I got a good dog that chews on the occasionally each day that one curly stick still last forever! She barely chew off an inch and I had it since early November

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Chi chis love bully sticks! I don't always leave one out, and Odie only chews for around 10 mins and moves on, so ours last quite awhile. Just make sure you take it away when it gets small enough to become a choking hazard. I was also grossed out when I found out what they were, but then I started thinking about it and an animal part is an animal part!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Mine do that with new chewies. I had to listen to chomping from Claude all night after they got bones from my cousin for christmas (we got to open dooms day presents lol).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts