Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
just tried doing it i saved avator on photo bucket site and tried pating it in but its not working it says it must be a gif or j peg but it if so i dont understand it

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you dont need to upload it from photo bucket. Just click browse where is says upload avtar from your machine find it where you have it saved, and make sure you click the delete button under your old avtar :wink:

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
i just tried again but just using the link from the pic saved on my pc and its still saying the same it mite be coz i aint the greatest with computers

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: for the avatar...RIGHT CLICK on the one KJ made on this page..go to PROPERTIES and copy the URL (web address) go to the avatar section on your profile and there is a section where you can transfer your image from the URL..paste the URL there and it should work. :wink: Hope that helps and i'm not too confusing. :wink: Great job KJ!

P.S. Some computers only save the images at bitmaps..don't know why :scratch:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
My computer sometimes wants to save things as bitmaps. When it does this I right click on the image and then click email image and email it to myself. Then when the email comes in I can right click on it and save it and it will save as a gif. Very weird but it works. :D

·
Registered
795 Posts
Are you using the Microsoft Internet Explorer? I noticed that a while back when I made siggys for people that were animated and they couldnt save it with the animation. Cuz when you right click it, it just trys to save as a .bitmap and its namless. When its supposed to save it as either a .jpeg or .gif with the correct file name. I've downloaded Mozilla Firefox, its another browser that my boyfriend swears is the best. But if you dont want to do anything like that, you can go into your internet files and find the file in there, which might take a bit but you should find it and then just drag it on too your desktop or right-click and save it on to your desktop. Let me know if this works.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: I have Explorer and mine works fine..so is probably something else, settings or internet protection..computers are complicated :? :wink:

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
i dont understand iv done what you said and i also checked to see if it comes on my pc as a gif and it is but when i try to do it it says the file must be a gif or bmp!!! :?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:? what exactly are you typing in? show me.....for the URL way you don't need to add the
thingys... :wink: If you show me how you're writing it maybe i can help. :wink:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts