Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've noticed a lot of people are having trouble understanding how to upload their signatures. Hopefully these screenshots will clear up any confusion.

1. Upload your image to your own image hosting site, or if the person providing the signature says you can use the link from the one they posted, just right click on the picture and click "Copy Image URL.

If you have your own image saved to your computer, you will need to use a website to host your file to generate a link. I personally prefer imgur: the simple image sharer . It's easy, free, and you don't have to sign up or anything. If you want to use that site, here are screenshots on how to upload your image there and copy the link generated:

2. Go to your User CP.

3. Click Edit Signature.

4. Insert your image file in the first box. Do not use the second box to upload your siggy. After you've inserted the link, click "Save Signature."

I hope these are helpful! I know some people are getting really confused with which box they are supposed to use to upload their signature.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Very helpful! Though I'm not sure why its noted to NOT upload your photo directly as that could be easier for some people who know their computer but not how to navigate the net easily.
If you have the siggy pic already saved to your computer (as in, its not online somewhere with a link, but instead in a folder) I find it easier for some folks to just upload it directly in the Signature Picture area. Just thought I'd mention it; this tutorial is GREAT but some folks may be able to Upload their pic using the "Choose File" option that you mentioned not to use. =)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you girls like it!

Kat, I recommended not using the picture uploader because it will not upload the larger signatures like the ones most people create. It will tell you the file exceeds maximum size.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
This is great!

Also helpful for posting pics into a thread. I wonder if some people wonder why their pics post as jpgs while other so us have our pics pop right up in the thread, no further clicking needed.

The only difference is the Insert image rather than insert link icon.

SIMPLE!!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just remove that part. Not sure how you got that there. You're supposed to use the direct link from imgur, and then you need to click the icon the arrow is pointing to and paste that link into the box that pops up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts