Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This video is nothing special (except that the subjects are cute, of course) but it does show what it looks like if you decide to get more than one Chi. For those of you with two or more, this will look like any given day at your house.

Again, no special reason for this video, just what Saturday mornings look (and sound) like here!

For those new, the subjects are:
Hope, almost a year and a half, 4 pounds
Ruby, also almost a year and a half, 4 pounds
Eden (the vocal one in the video), 14 months, 3.5 pounds

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
That reminds me of my trio :D
They do what we call "Rocket Dog" lol They get a particular path going and they run laps arou dit as fast as they can together at top speeds. They have so much fun!

·
Registered
801 Posts
This makes me want another one so Jax would have
someone to play with. Mimi will not play with him at
all, she is way to anxious. If I have another one he
might actually have a playmate. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
894 Posts
So cute! Yeah.. that's how my house looks like now with my 2 girls.. lol. Exactly! We do have another Chi in the house now, my sister moved in and she has a 3 year old Chi she adopted. But he has neurological issues, so he doesn't run around like that with the girls.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
That was so much fun to watch. That makes me want to get another one to play with Gidget. Lulu is such a stick in the mud! Sometimes she will instigate playtime and that is so much fun to watch her jump down off the furniture and run around Gidget a few times then back up on the furniture like, "Ha! You can't get me!" But Gidget is getting big enough to get up there now. Look out Lulu!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Cute video with lots of fun and smiles :)
My 2 full time boys will play, but when hubby and the other 2 are here look out... 5 min blasts throughout the day with plenty of snoozing in between ;)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Aww I love this! I love seeing dogs when they are totally at their element, often a side only their owners truly know; it's so sweet. Somewhere I have a (really boring to most people) video of Kahlua just prancing around showing her bear for like 5 minutes straight. And to me it's just the dearest thing because I can just see how HAPPY she is.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I watched, I heard, I PANICKED .... oh no, spare me, spare my fragile old ears & intolerance of pandamonium.

My house is already full of leaves, twigs, chicken bones and anything else they may find attractive that warrants being dragged inside and shown to mummy, and that's before the 3rd pup arrives on Tuesday.

I thought I'd give them one of those calico "model dogs" to play with - you know, the ones stores model clothes on .... well, they both went ballistic, tore around like maniacs and are now hiding out under the bed thinking there's a giant Mini Foxy in the house. It'll be fun watching all 3 attack it once t'other arrives.

Well, I'm off out to get some Ziwipeak (how much do you guys pay for it?) with that video still ringing in my ears and being burnt into my retinas.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Ours get going like this too! I muted it so my pups wouldnt get all riled up, is Eden a barker or a growler? Leo makes this obnoxious growly noise when he plays that drives us NUTS lol. Were they ganging up on Miss Hope? Mine always seem to team up two against one in games of chase, always someone different.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She does the play growling and also a play bark.
Hope and Ruby do the most chasing and hiding and taking the other by surprise.
Eden often gets ganged up on more than the other two. She has learned that she can growl and play bark and it makes them jump (and she bats at them like she is a cat) so she has gained some leverage/respect!
Then, she and Ruby are most likely to snuggle up together. Ruby also grooms them both. She sometimes acts like she is Eden's mother.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Funny! Leo bats with his paws as well, he does it to us too.
Miley loooooves to lick. Us and the dogs. Isnt it Ruby that you posted about having some fear/anxiety issues? I wonder if she grooms/licks to relieve her anxiety, supposedly licking releases endorphins for dogs and anxious pups often do it when they are stressed or want to relax. Thats why Miley does it, I wonder if it could be the same for Ruby? Miley will sit on the couch and our lab will sit in front of her so she can lick his whole face :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Funny! Leo bats with his paws as well, he does it to us too.
Miley loooooves to lick. Us and the dogs. Isnt it Ruby that you posted about having some fear/anxiety issues? I wonder if she grooms/licks to relieve her anxiety, supposedly licking releases endorphins for dogs and anxious pups often do it when they are stressed or want to relax. Thats why Miley does it, I wonder if it could be the same for Ruby? Miley will sit on the couch and our lab will sit in front of her so she can lick his whole face :)
First time hearing about licking the relieve anxiety, but that seems to fit Nike's profile perfectly!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
that was the cutest video!!! Their little growly voices are hilarious!!!!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes. She does not lick during times of anxiety. She does lick at times that it appears that she is trying to relax. So more like stored up anxiety than at the time she is full in it. Much more at night.

So with the Behaviorists, we learned we have the shy/fearful one (Ruby) and with the help of the Holistic Vet we learned that we have the Type A anxiety one (Hope).

Once you add in the completely random, hyper one (Eden), we have quite a circus here!

The great part is how much they love to play!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts