Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as you already know they are pretty expensive. Anyway I wondered if anyone uses anything under there pee pads as they are not very thick and absobent like the packs always say. If theres allot pee theres allot of leaks. I was thinking of getting like a thin sheet of plastic or wood to place under the pads to make it easier to clean and not leak all over the floor. Does anyone else do this or what else do you do?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
When Cooper used pads, I just put newspaper down, covered it with an old sheet and put the pad on top of that. I considered plastic but he was potty trained so quick, I never had the opportunity to do anything more than

Darn it... I was typing and then OmaKitty came up on the desk and started drinking my coffee - she knows she is in caffeine recovery and I had to take it from her... now I can't remember what I was saying. :? Oh well. I think I got enough out that you can figure out what I was saying. :lol:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aww poor OmaKitty. I do hope she comes of that caffeine real soon. he he. Put her to coffee anemones. Bin liners and newspaper are both good ideas. Might give that a try. I can train zola to pee outside as my garden is not sealed off yet. My dad is coming down next month to do that and when I am at work he uses the pads.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I've never had any leakage problem.
I get my pads from PetEdge and haven't had any problem with them.
I take the girls out 3 or 4 times a day, but one of them still goes on the pads anyway. :dontknow:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Mine leaked and I put a scrap piece of linoleum under it. I also just bought a pad holder that actually has a bottom and is not just a rim.......but she has three places to go, not sure if I am buying 2 more. I just stopped her from the living room and that is not fun always making sure she cant get in there or watching her like a hawk.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I just have one pad down now, and I put an old throw rug underneath just in case. However, I've not had any leaks as yet, and I just use the cheaper pads (Out brand) from Walmart.

Jaz does go outside most of the time during the day - unless mommy gets lazy or busy and forgets to take her. :lol:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I have never had leaks either - are you changing them enough - once mine has 2 wees on I change them too prevent leaks and smells lol.

You can get the plastic puppy pad holders which would help too

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I saw the plastic holder recently and it looks good for stopping them scratching and tearing at them. I don't use them (as you know, you got my entire 30-pack lol) but when I had Lexi using paper 24/7 I just put a big bin liner underneath. That'd work.

:)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Scooby said:
We put ours in a litter box and that way there is no leaking on the floor :)
:shock: Scooby, that is a GREAT Idea! I have never thought of that! I've thought about building something to put Charley's pad in, but have never gotten around to it. I put a carpet tile under his.

I actually use the expensive pads from Foster & Smith. They are "super absorbant" and are worth the extra expense!

:flower:

·
Registered
974 Posts
BTW ... Charley does a great job of peeing on the pads ... but I have a walking pooper! So he does that job on the pad, beside the pad, behind the pad, everywhere! AURGH!

Does anyone else have a walking pooper?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I only have 1 pad now and it is in the bathroom between the toilet and the cabinet and I put that plastic sticky floor runner down... The kind that they use in new houses when you go look at them..... IT is really heavy duty and I just have to do a small section just under the edge of the pad... he is the frotn feet toucht he pad guy... he will think he is all the way on the pad but he isn't... THe nice thing about the plastic is All I have to do is wipe the oops up with a lysol wipe and it is done.... he doesn't use it all the time... just when he tells us he has to go out and we can't open the door fast enough he will run intot he bathroom...

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
EdukatedRedHed said:
Does anyone else have a walking pooper?

YES :evil: Bindi walks her poop right off the pad a little more often than I like. I can say STAY til I am blue in the face she keeps walking. If she poops in private for some reason she is more sucessful! :roll:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Same here....the pee pads is pretty leak proof.
This is what I do :-
First I lined the bathroom floor with a big plastic sheet, next layers of newspaper and then pee pads on top. Usually I put 2 sheets of pee pads next to each other cos he likes to roam around before he could do his business. I noticed he tends to do it on the edge of the pad. So, when he miss it'd get on the newspaper and I just change a clean one whenever I see yellow stain on them. Also, in order to avoid him to step on the same pee pee spots again, I put a few pieces of toilet rolls on them and that would help to absorb some. Wouldn't want him to make a mess! As always, wipe his private part with toilet rolls every time after he finished his business. :lol: I know, I understand it's extra works and money spend but everything is worth it when comes to our pups right!? :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts