Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, first I just want to say that Mia Zofia was spayed on Friday and is doing wonderfully. She's our teeny tiny "special" gal who'd fallen down the stairs at age 9 weeks, long before we had her; and in addition to being slightly crippled in the pelvic/spine area was also allegedly sterile. She never went into heat when we had her... but we decided it would be best to have it done regardless; because have any reproductive organs, functioning or not, could cause issues long-term and she's got plenty of those already, LOL. She was crated for a few days but was out and about today (since she can't really jump anyway, there wasn't much risk of her overexerting) and I snapped a few shots of her enjoying a cow hoof. "Action" shots of chewing just crack me up, I couldn't resist.

Here she is, cleaning out Eleanor's eyes.

And then... there's THIS little bundle of joy. She came to me from another friend of mine who fosters in an attempt to help place her. Was a breeder momma. I'm trying REALLY REALLY hard not to be a foster failure here but it's not working so well. Despite her allegedly being very shy, she has just found her place in our pack, adores our other doggies and has got the sweetest disposition you could ever imagine. And well... needless to say if she's tempting me at all; she's a long coat chocolate. =P But, she's a DARK chocolate so... yeah... *shifty eyes* it's totally different. :rolleyes: What do you guys think?? I don't think anyone will really notice another little 4lb chocolate fluffball... she's already spayed, vetted, etc... Robbie adores her... plus we are likely moving this spring into a larger house... yeah I know I'm just bargaining with myself. Oh well, check out these pictures and you'll see why. =P She reminds me so much of a (short legged lol) version of Finn!!! We are calling her "Sushi."

Uhh, is it just me or does she have a grin here? LOL

This was the first pic I took of her, on the ride home today. With this face can you really blame me for not wanting to give her away??

Thanks for looking! =)

·
Registered
311 Posts
She is grinning because she knew she was home before you did and she was just waiting for you guys to figure it out :)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
She's grinning because she knows she's got you. Sushi I do believe your home you little fishie ha ha

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm a Failed Fosterer too :coolwink: Got four foster cats and really don't see them leaving us any time soon :D

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Oh My Gosh!!! What a sweetie!! I don't know what it is maybe the pic with the words but together just makes me teary! Will be HARD to let her go!! You know what you can handle, but I certainly hope she has found a forever home! :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I think you should be a foster failure for this dog and be a foster success for the next dog. If you keep her, then you won't be as tempted to keep the next dog.

·
Registered
376 Posts
She looks so sweet. Makes me want a long hair! And yes. She was grinning. She's pleased with herself for being so cute and making u want to keep her.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I don't see this as a failure...in fact I bet the person you
were helping out by fostering her had a huge hunch that you
might in fact JUST KEEP HER, which would make this a,
wait for it....

Foster Success!:love7:

·
Registered
311 Posts
See this is the wrong place to come to get talked out of keeping her. If your household is in agreement (or won't be too upset) I say keep her.
lol at the won't be too upset ~

I have said No to each animal the kids have brought to us. I mean firm strong No's ~ to the point where now when they bring one there is at least one if not multiple cars of friends who pull in to see how they are going to introduce the newest one in need. I am sure we are on you tube :pale:

I just loved how it went from agreement to "won't be too upset" that tickled me, lol

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL!!^ No, Rob is smitten with her. He said when he first laid eyes on her that he knew I wouldn't want to part with her haha... since it's usually ME that's giving "puppy dog eyes" to keep the "puppy dog" I'm sitting back this time around. And HE'S the one who keeps making comments like "Aw, she's at home now," and "Welcome to the family." So I think I'm off the hook this time for being the crazy dog lady; it's Rob's turn to be the crazy dog guy now LOL.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I am a three-time foster failure, so I know how they tug at your hearts. she is precious. Long hairs rarely come into our rescue organization.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My latest episode in foster failure just got her spay yesterday ~ they laughed at me at the vet because they knew there wasn't a shot she was going to live with anyone else but me and I was holding very firm to it one our first few visits. They said they heard me talk the talk but they knew I wasn't walking the walk, lol. I even had a great home for her ~ my brother's, but I couldn't let her go because she was just so dang comfy at home and she's a great bed-mate. Now her and the pup are best friends and I know kittles thinks she is the puppy's Mom and I am half convinced Ri thinks she is a cat... but it works.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts