Chihuahua People Forum banner

Foster Homes Always Needed In Illinois

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  OzzyAndLilysMom 
#1 ·
I am a partner in "In Your heart pekingese and small dog rescue" (I foster chihuahua's only) We are always in need of foster homes for our puppymill chihuahua's. If anyone is interested or interested in adoption (application required), please feel free to email me. - Angie[/img]

#3 ·
Yes, we are on petfinder already. Not many homes want older mill dogs though.

#5 ·
Thank you Harm1224 for posting the link to the actual shelter.

What is entailed when you "foster" a dog? I assume that you keep a dog until it is adopted out, but if you have the dog at your house, how do people know it is able to be adopted? Or, once you foster a dog, is it your responsibility to find it a permanant home? Sorry if that is a stupid question. :oops:

#6 ·
We work with breeders out of state (Missouri and Arkansas). They release dogs to us instead of "euthanizing" them. We just pay the vet bills to thier vets so that they can be spayed/neutered before release. They won't release un-fixed dogs to us for fear that we might breed them (It's all about the money!).

Foster homes care for the dog until the adoption is finalized. We pay all vet bills and most of the time can provide food if need be. We wouldn't give anyone a dog they couldn't handle. Thanks for asking !

#7 ·
I should also note that most of our dogs have lived in cages all of their lives and are unsocialized. We try to place the better behaving dogs in foster homes. These poor children were breed and breed and breed. The love they give to you is so rewarding and there is nothing else like it.

#8 ·
I should also note that most of our dogs have lived in cages all of their lives and are unsocialized. We try to place the better behaving dogs in foster homes. These poor children were breed and breed and breed. The love they give to you is so rewarding and there is nothing else like it.
That is so true, with any dog that you give a second chance they thank you everyday of there life. I don't know if you ever saw this quote but this is what helps me everytime I see a dog but to dealth:
I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness, and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment, and then spoke softly, "I have done something," was the reply. "I created you."
-- Author Unknown

Angtello do you have a foster application if Boogaloo (or anyone else) is interested in helping your rescue?

#9 ·
#12 ·
Very interesting you are from NY. HMMMMM. Chi's are my passion, people are known to do two things at once. I do rescue and I also want to start showing dogs. Is that a good enough answer for you?

#13 ·
angtello said:
Very interesting you are from NY. HMMMMM. Chi's are my passion, people are known to do two things at once. I do rescue and I also want to start showing dogs. Is that a good enough answer for you?
Yes I told you I was from NY that I was in Florida when you had contacted me. If you recall I said I had to wait to get back to NY the end of May to bring him to my vet to get his medical clearance to fly. Cant people be in another state when vacationing and still be on the internet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.