Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol: (though I don't think these pics/video is AS graphic as hers haha)

I know weight bearing bones can be hard on the teeth but I wanted some deer for the crew to munch (no other luck so far!) so I thought I could supervise & if they really get knawing I'll take them away. So far they're most interested in getting the dendons & little meat off the bone so all is good!

Matilda is SO funny...last week I had a hard time getting her to eat whole quail chicks & today she totally snubbed these legs! She LOVES her food but something about the scent of these more "whole" foods creep her out. haha Too funny.... Anyway, the boys had a BALL. Milo was slinging his leg around & everything. Mari had a few nibbles & Maya just sniffed. She was mostly interested in just watching. Here are a few pics & a short video. :)

Video:
YouTube - MChi Chihuahua Raw Fed Meal Deer Legs

Iz not gonna touch it mum...dat is gwoss!

I guess I can sniff it...

But den I is gonna go back & take a nap!

Watzdit taste yike Maxie?

Yike chickenz I guess!

I will just watchu guys...

Me too... *YUK*

Mmmmmmm....MOW DOWN!

***more to come***

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I wheely ensusiastic bout dis thing!

It kinda heafy...almost as much as me!

....den mum says I gotz too gwouchy wiff my sister so I had to have a time out from it. :(

Ottay, I has a nibble....

Group shot

And not on topic but a cute one of Mi-Mi & my mom (aka Noni). She "hates" Chihuahua's but she love my crew. :daisy: Then again...I used to "hate" Chihuahua's too. :coolwink:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Fabulous!!! Looks like your boys were in hog heaven!!! Great pics! Super cute pic of your mom and Milo. :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm an odd person I guess. LOL As much as I absolutely love all animals I have no trouble with feeding stuff with fur on it (so far). I don't think I could actually do the slaughtering or hacking apart a large whole carcass. But as long as it's the right portion size...it doesn't bother me so much. I think I freak my family out a bit... :tard:

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tracy! It was totally the boys that dove in. Took Maxie a bit to loosen up...I think because my brother was here at first still. He loved watching the Chi's go to town. I think he was a bit impressed too because he let his lab have a leg & he was still knawing on the very tip of the bone. The Chi's were going to town tearing down the skin/fur a bit & getting to the meat. :lol:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
It looks like they're really enjoying themselves!

I could handle giving those to my pups, but I don't think my hubby could! The idea of rabbit ears even freaks him out! LOL.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL Jessie...my husband thinks it's the coolest thing. As a matter of fact when he talks about his Chi's to random people it's one of the first things he mentions is that they're raw fed. :roll: I'm more apt to keep quiet about our choice of diet unless someone inquires (and then look out!). LOL

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Wow Heather...seems like yesterday we were chatting about your interest in Raw...and look at you now :p Cool pictures! Dont think Im brave enough to go there with the whole prey ;);)

Love the picture of your mom and Milo!

·
Registered
923 Posts
MChis go hardcore! LOL

Funny you should post this now, we just got about 30 legs tonight! I should have my own post in the next few weeks to see how everyone enjoys them.. I also got two WHOLE HEADS. Def. a raw forum ONLY post. ;)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL Kristy! I've been dying for some "left overs" from this hunting season. I almost didn't get anything from my brother but he caved. ;) I think people are sort of unsure on what we want! Next time he's going to save the heart & organs for me & more legs. (he gave the heart to someone else who eats it--yuck!) Did you by chance see our video of the crew with their whole quail chicks week before last?? That is such a handy meal...perfect serving size (though Matilda took some convincing **and pork blood** to get hers down!)

Jessie--he can't handle the whole prey? Is that right? My hubby just chuckles. Course I don't know what he's really thinking... :tard: He doesn't ever feed it...maybe if he did it would be different. LOL

Oh Kelly how funny! Can't wait to see pics of your crew with their HUGE lot of legs! You know...he offered me the head but I just couldn't go there. Figured I'd see how the legs went. I didn't know how the pups would do with a whole head & I knew I would probably have to 1)scoop the insides out or 2) saw the skull open so they could benefit from what's inside. Maybe next time we'll be brave enough for that. LOL

·
Registered
923 Posts
We used beef heart blood to get the kids to eat new things, it works wonders. :) I didn't see your whole prey thread!! Link?

I figure I am going to just put the head down and see what they do. No digging right off... well, maybe a little. I'm just weird like that, I love to explore.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, the blood worked perfectly for Maxie later the same day we fed the chicks. With Matilda it took me holding (still soaked in blood no less) & coaxing her to get her to finally eat it. Hopefully next time it'll be a little easier for her. I'll probably take some more out at the end of this week....

LOL...explore the insides? I don't know...I may be the same. Hard telling. I should have had him bring it over anyway. I could have just tossed it out back in the woods if I couldn't handle it. Oh well--maybe next time! ;)

Here is the link to the quail chick meal. I don't think I shared it here. Only on Facebook. :)
YouTube - MChi Chihuahuas Raw Meal of Quail Chicks

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Awesome pictures & videos. I still have a deer rack of ribs in my freezer, waiting till Ziva is better too so she can enjoy it as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You are good, as much as I know Téa would love one of those I just couldn't have it in the house. I'm bad enough giving her chicken and beef cut up into little pieces (I'm a vegetarian) and I just about manage a pigs ear if I don't watch but Bambi's Mum's legs, arrrrrgghhhh. Very festive or am I confusing them with Rudolf?

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rudolf would be caribou I believe. These are deer legs. Close though! ;)

Well, if you give Téa chicken & beef...I think that's great! It's not an easy diet especially if you don't have a tough stomach. But if you can't feed raw full time supplementing with some raw things is wonderful. :)

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I showed my bf muzby Aka Kellys deer carcass pics I knew he would think it was cool men usually like that kinda gross stuff it's funny seeing women here feed it like it's nothing. I almost barfed from the smell/ feel of chopping chicken thighs/legs hahaha my stomach is slowly getting stronger with my line of work lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts