Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll be off line about a week.

I bet y'all will be more glad than me when I get there because then you don't have to hear me talk about moving anymore. :p

I'm more nervous about forgetting something he or Henry needs than I am about getting everything I own on the truck. :lol:

It'll take us 3 days at 10 hours each day to get there. (8 hours driving, 2 hours down time)

I think I've got it all - food, treats, water, potty pads, plastic bags, c's benedryl, 2 loved toys, ID tags with emergency number on the back, carrier, seatbelt, extra leash - anything else?

Also, if he doesn't use his potty pad correctly in the motel rooms should I act the same way I would at home or just let it slide?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I agree, if he makes a mistake treat him just like he's home and goofed. It will reinforce that being in a different place is no excuse and since your new house will be a different place it's best to be ahead of the game. Otherwise it sounds like your covered. Have a safe trip, it's a drive I've made often and it's exhausting.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Sounds like you've thought of everything. Have a wonderful and safe trip with the boys. I know they will be great company for you along the way. Will you walk Henry on a leash during the day? I've never traveled with a cat. :lol:

Godspeed and let us know as soon as you get your computer set up. Home sweet home, baby. :)

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Oh wow! What a long trip! Good luck moving! I hope everything goes extra smoothly for you. See you when you get back! :wave:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rachael Polachek said:
Sounds like you've thought of everything. Have a wonderful and safe trip with the boys. I know they will be great company for you along the way. Will you walk Henry on a leash during the day? I've never traveled with a cat. :lol:

Godspeed and let us know as soon as you get your computer set up. Home sweet home, baby. :)
Henry won't do leashes or collars. He'll ride in his kitty carrier strapped into the seat. He'll be put in his litterbox during pitstops. He came from Canada to Cali that way and did well. (He was hubby's before we got married.)

All the prayers and best wishes are appreciated. Even though I made this trip before with two elderly dogs and Frasier is so much easier to manage, I'm still very nervous.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I hope the best for your travels. Get some good sleep before you go. It sounds like you have everything covered... don't forget good music... It always helps me drive better... hehehehehe

I will be thinking of you, fraiser, and henry while Amanda, Gadget and I are driving all day tomorrow...

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I will keep you fraiser and henry in my thoughts, good luck and all the best moving - let us know you are there safe as soon as your online :wave:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts