Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave: Hi Everybody. We're in Dallas safe and sound. It just took us awhile to find our computer and get online. It was a hard trip. There were:

1. Forrest fires trying to keep us in California. :evil:
2. Two flat tires and two overheats (one in the Mohave). :angryfire:
3. Two funnel clouds (which I actually thought were beautiful). :lol:

When we finally arrived we discovered we had been lied to. The new house had not been cleaned at all. It had simply sat abandoned for over a month. I didn't let Frasier touch the filthy floor unless my eyes were glued to him.

There was a dead squirrel in the floor. It left a horrid smell and a huge black/bloody stain. We killed almost 100 horse flies. The carpet guys got the squirrel stink out and thoroughly disinfected.

Frasier totally refused to drink water on the trip unless he was with Henry in the other vehicle. So, we put them together during rest stops so they would both drink. In the Mohave (120+ degrees and no working vehicle) he refused to drink so I just dumped it on him. He was shocked :shock: but that's how we got through it.

On just the other side of the dessert he pooped out a piece of paper towel so big that it injured his anus and made some blood. I freaked out because I couldn't tell if he was bleeding internally or not. So, picture this - us standing on the side of the road on the edge of the desert with my finger.. ummm.. in there.. :shock: to see what was going on. I was able to figure out that he just made a bloody spot on the outside area. Thank God. There aren't a lot of emergency vets in the desert. :D

I'm looking forward to catching up on all the posts. I haven't read anything yet - just thought everyone would probably be anxious to know my little one made the trip safely. Pictures to come later. :)

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
OMG what an ordeal, I am so glad all is ok *whew* Poor Frasier. I cant believe the house was like that - bummer but you will fix it up real nice.

Lots to catch up on, glad your back :wave:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Oh my goodness! What a trip you had! Too bad about the condition of your house when you got there. I had that experience once when moving out of state. It was not fun! :evil: So glad you finally made it there safe and sound despite the obstacles. It's good to see you back here! :wave:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
So glad you made it, safe and sound, though not without some pretty nasty setbacks. But you are home at last and that's the important thing. I'm sure you'll have lots more to tell and pics to show once you get yourselves settled in.

We missed you and please tell Frasier we missed his sweet little self too. I hope he took good care of mommy on the trip. Lily will never drink water when we're out so I dump it on her head, her neck and her tummy (depending on how much she's panting). Why do they have to be so silly??? :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Fraisers mom,

I am glad you made it there ok. It sounds like you had an adventure. I was traveling north to get my mom that day and had a bunch of things happen... I was very glad to get home...

I would have been fuming if I was to walk into the house like that... I cann't believe that they would have left it like that...

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Glad you had a safe trip although not uneventful and that Fraiser is ok after his bad eating idea. And you will make the house yours in no time :D

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Yay!! Tahnk goodness everything turned out ok in the end...

Ugh a dead squirrel?

Other than that....how is Frasier adjusting to the new house? Is he liking it? How is the weather?

Good luck! And glad to have you back...you gotta post pics ok! :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How is Frasier adjusting?

Very well, he's so happy to be off the road. He gets excited and does zoomies over every object he really likes as he sees it come out of a box.

He lost a baby tooth. I was shocked. I thought they were all gone except for 2 stubborn canine teeth. He's had 2 potty accidents and I did let him know it was unacceptable but I didn't go nuts because when your bed is in the floor in the living room, you smell dead squirrel IN your house, and boxes are blocking everything - well - sometimes a pup just has to go.

I do have some cute pictures of him on the trip and helping unpack - they'll be coming up shortly.

Henry (Frasier's 12 year old kitty brother) didn't do real well on the trip. He's lost some weight which he couldn't afford to lose and seems to want to sleep too much. He's going to the vet within just a few days. We got the name of a vet from someone I know that loves animals and it's just down the road.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Wow, sounds like it was quite a trip!
Sorry to hear the house wasn't cleaned as you had been told it would be. I can't believe there was a dead squirrel in there!!
I'm glad Frasier wasn't hurt too bad from that paper towel. You did put a funny picture in my head though :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts