Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm preoccupied with moving but I think I'm noticing a growth spurt. Frasier's harness has gotten too tight. The problem is not that it's tight around him, it's that it's not long enough if that makes sense. So off to Petsmart we go. I'm figuring he's hit 8 or 8.5 pounds. Wrong :!: He weighs 9.5 pounds :!: :shock: I weighed him on the vet scales there.

The small harness is not long enough. The medium is gigantic. I ended up getting a medium and adjusting it all the way down as small as it would go and that seems okay.

I knew he would be big. That is why the breeder "got rid of" his mother immediately and said she had to "get rid of him" too. But, WOW 9.5 pounds.

Lots of pup to love. :D

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
they grow sooo fast! i can't wait to see how much chiwi weighs now. i'm guessing like 2.6 (hey it's big to me with her lol she was 1.6 when i got her!)

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
jacob weighs 2 and half lb and tyke weighs about 7 lb id say most of him is coat lol i think britney is gonna big a real big chi and paris is gonna be stumpy her legs are so little fraser is a lovely chi love his colouring arnt blue mearles usually bigger anyway

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
But Frasier is wonderful.............that is what really matters and we must reunite the long lost brother and him :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
I agree that there is just more to love. Lola, at twelve weeks, weighed 2.2 lbs. According to the chart, I think she might be 4.5 or 5 full grown, but the vet's tech keeps telling me, "She's going to be biiig--like 7 lbs." :)

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
yeah i think the vet's right .......cosmo was 2 pounds at 12 weeks and he is now almost 7 pounds :D at 7 months
i love his size though !! it's perfect to cuddle :wink: my girls will be smaller around 3 pounds .

kisses nat

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Auggie's Mom - he's 8 1/2 months. I think he's going through the "filling out" stage because he doesn't seem to be getting taller or longer; just broader in his shoulders.

Vala - lol yes that could be his long lost family member. :)

I'm not complaining about his size. 10 lbs. is still very small. I just want my baby to stay a baby and a puppy is all. When Frasier was just under 6 months, Cody's Mom pointed out the similarities in the body styles of Frasier and Cody. So, I've watched Cody, who is a few months older than Frasier, grow. I know Cody is a big boy too. Frasier seems to be following right along with him. :)

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Yes I agree he is probably about topped out on growing and is close to the size he will be and you are right , 10lbs is still a small dog Cute too :D

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
more of him to cuddle!!! ;) My deano is 2 and is only a tiny dog i mean really small for 2 he's around 3pnds maybe a bit less.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Speaking of Cody :wink: guess how much my big boy weighs now! He turned 1 yr old on May 20th and weighs................................12 lbs! :shock: :D We just love him though and that we don't have to be so careful with him. I think he is finished growing. Surely! Right? :shock: :D

I think Cody's legs are a little longer than Frasier's so maybe Frasier won't hit the 12 lb. mark. But even if he does you will still love him, I know. :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SC said:
Speaking of Cody :wink: guess how much my big boy weighs now! He turned 1 yr old on May 20th and weighs................................12 lbs! :shock: :D We just love him though and that we don't have to be so careful with him. I think he is finished growing. Surely! Right? :shock: :D

I think Cody's legs are a little longer than Frasier's so maybe Frasier won't hit the 12 lb. mark. But even if he does you will still love him, I know. :)
I love him so much that he's like a piece of my heart walking around separate from my body. :)

I never meant big was bad. I like big because then I don't have to worry about my cat hurting him playing. Generally, I think the bigger they are, the easier they are to manage. I was just shocked at how we got from 7 to 9 pounds without me noticing more of a difference than I did. Granted I'm busy moving, but I still hold him for hours a day and play with him and sleep by him.

How big was Cody at 9 months? Wasn't he 9 pounds then?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dobbie is 9.8 to 10 pounds

He's so active, jumping everywhere, play-fighting with my daughter's 20# schnauzer mix that I am glad he's not smaller. He jumps on and off the bed, onto the couch, runs loops around the dining table, and then slides to a stop and says, "Did you see that, Mommie!"

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Frasier's mommy, I know what you mean about them growing. It just sneaks up on you. I'm not sure how much Cody weighed at 9 mos. but I do think it was around 9 lbs. He seemed to really fill out after he was neutered. Like you said about Frasier, Cody isn't at all fat, but his shoulders have gotten broad. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts