Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see my earlier post in the thread on Chloe's suspected abcess (sorry, not sure how to post a link to it).

I took the Elizabethan collar off Chloe to give her a break coz she was just sitting on my knee and I could stop her from licking her swelling. When I took it off her I noticed a new swelling on her neck. this one is only the size of a mosquito bit but I checked very carefully and it doesn;'t look like abite as there is no broken skin. It really seems to bother her, she keeps scratching it.

I'm really worried about her now. Could this be in any way related? I thought it might be her lymph node inflamed because of an infection but I checked and it's not in the right spot (its about a finger width below the base of her ear, not under her jaw).

Guess I will just have to wait it out until morning and hopefully the antibiotics will do their job. If not i'll call in sick tomorrow and take her to the vet first thing :( I'm so worried about my little girl, i don't know how i will sleep.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just posted a thread where Sky just randomly got this huge bump on her head. I think it was a hive. Perhaps she had a small allergic reaction to something?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so my level headed husband pointed out that it was probably where she was vaccinated on saturday since she had a welt for 2 weeks after the last one. I'm pretty sure that's where the kennel cough one went in (poor love had to have 4 seperate injections because of her vaccine reactions). I guess I was justin a panic after reading up on hernia surgery and this just sent me right over the edge :(

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Oh yeah it could be from her vaccines. Good thing your hubby thought of that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts