Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I'm new here! I have two chis, one applehead and one deer head. Both girls, my oldest is Gypsy. I rescued her from 'the crazy dog lady' when she was just six months old. They were breeding chis and pitbulls in the same double wide trailer, scary ... Gypsy just came and sat on my lap and looked at me like 'please save me!' so I took her home and 2 years later here we are :)
Pecas (spanish for freckles) is my beautiful chocolate merle that I got from a breeder out here in Colorado. It was quite the drive to get her but so worth it. She also chose me. I was looking for a puppy and she'd been returned by a previous owner. The breeder, wanting to make sure she was in a good home, bought her back so I got her as she turned 1 and she's been with us about 8 months now. She's only 4 lbs and the cutest ever!
Not sure if you can see them in my avatar.
At any rate I am officially a chi lover and would love to trade best care tips, websites and maybe play dates with any other chi lovers from Colorado!

·
Registered
919 Posts
I can't really see your chis in your avatar. Do you have any pics that you can post? At any rate welcome to CP! I hope you will enjoy your stay. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there! I posted some pics of her and gypsy over in Chi Chat under the title "any chocolate merles?" (i think that is what i named it lol) :)

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Hi. I'm new to this website also and loved your pics of your chis. I enjoyed your story too (Lulu comes with a story). I have never heard of debarking. What is that?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! @Lulu...they took her to the vet and had the vocal chords cut so that her bark wouldn't be loud. It sounds as if she's been muffled basically. Makes me cringe to think she had to go through that pain!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.