Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that my Hopie (our chi that we rescued from a shelter here in South Korea who had previously escaped from the torture of being eaten) is flying home to America on Friday! It's a 14 hour non-stop flight (best I could do) but then she'll be home home home forever! And plenty of room to run on our farm. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! She's boarding this week at the pet transport place while we pack up and so far the little stinker is living the high life playing with the other puppies! I thought she might be kind of sad, but nope, not Miss Hopie! She's already crate trained and we actually got her an airline crate that's a big big for her, so she'll have lots of room during the flight.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh wow! Good on you! You're an angel.
I wish you many happy & healthy years with your new addition.
I just can't wait to see pictures and get updates! What a story!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
WOW what a wonderful story! And what a fortunate little chi! Can't wait to meet her. Hope all goes well on her trip to the USA and her new forever home.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Great Story! I'm sending lots of well wishes
for Hope's travel and safety. Thank you so
much for saving her :love7:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Hopie is one lucky little girl...she will love you forever for saving her:love7:...she must have been scared to death in that market :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We got her from a shelter here in South Korea. After I adopted her I noticed that she was terrified of everything, and had a bit of a limp on her. I took her to the vet, who did tons of x-rays, and told me she had her back leg broken and dislocated, a common practice before eating dogs here is to torture them. Also, the particular mix that she is (she's a chi mix and about 12 pounds) he said is commonly found as dogs that end up being rib platters basically. He concluded that she had been a dog that had been used to breed dogs for restaurants, and somehow escaped. She's heaps better now, and the gentlest dog you'll ever meet. Poor baby. A lot of the the more rural locals still are disgusted when they see her, and say she's food, not a pet.

·
Registered
282 Posts
We got her from a shelter here in South Korea. After I adopted her I noticed that she was terrified of everything, and had a bit of a limp on her. I took her to the vet, who did tons of x-rays, and told me she had her back leg broken and dislocated, a common practice before eating dogs here is to torture them. Also, the particular mix that she is (she's a chi mix and about 12 pounds) he said is commonly found as dogs that end up being rib platters basically. He concluded that she had been a dog that had been used to breed dogs for restaurants, and somehow escaped. She's heaps better now, and the gentlest dog you'll ever meet. Poor baby. A lot of the the more rural locals still are disgusted when they see her, and say she's food, not a pet.
WTH!!! so you cant have a small dog because its food? wow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts