Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to our local holistic pet store last weekend to give Sammie a bath & the girl was talking to me about pet foods. She was suggesting something with fish for Sammie's coat (really dry skin). I feed Sammie & Gracie the same food (currently Chicken Soup). One of the foods that she had was Fromm. She said that they're replacing some of their other foods with it because a lot of the holistic vets like it better. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it? Here's a link for the particular formula I was looking at...
http://www.frommfamily.com/products-fs-d-d-salmon.php

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
never seen it before but from the ingredients it looks like a great food, and the protein levels are good for the chis and the spaneil.

like wiht any food introduce it very slowly, fish can sometimes be a little rich on the tummy, so introduce more slowly than you would before. and watch for loose stool, but otherwise it might be worth a try.
your other option if everyone likes the chicken soup would be buy fish oil capsuls for people, for sammie open 1 capsule and add it to his food, youll see the same effect.
id start out with 1 every other day and see how it goes, eventually you could go up to up to 1 every day if needed, but you should see an imporvment on that too!
its not the fish itself that helps, its the omega 3 from the fish oil.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I currently use this exact food for Maya. She has been on it for 6 or 7 months. I took her off the Chicken soup food because she was chewing her feet and had stinky gas!! LOL. I did put her on it slowly, but she would pick out just the new stuff and leave the other stuff, so I gave up. She has a nice shiney coat and doesn't itch much at all anymore. I absolutely love this food for her.
The bag also comes with a zipper seal at the top. Makes it stay fresh for a long time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts