Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was just browsing the price gouging pet specialty store near me & saw where they now carry Acana Ive seen that alot of members on here use it & seems happy...I was originally thinking about going back to Fromm since the chis did awsome on it & all liked it but now Im thinking maybe Acana but not sure about feeding Tader who is 10 years old a high protein diet..I want 1 food for everyone..just curious which you guys would choose.. these are the foods that she carrys..

Fromm Four Star
Orijen
Acana
Sojos

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I love ya Brandi. But I don't feed kibble. However.... having said that .....

I would choose Orijen first. Acana second.

I know very little about sojo's and Fromm. Didn't you like Fromm before? Go back to it if you want. Maybe you can have it shipped to you and it will be less expensive?

I don't worry about protein levels in healthy dogs. Even old dogs. If the protein is from meat sources - it's fine. Dogs are made to process protein. NOT plant protein - which is hard on their systems. But meat - yes, they are made to eat meat.

Having said that, I would feed kibble with water added to ensure that they drink enough water to process the dry food. I would be more concerned about kidney function with dry pelleted food than the source of the protein (plant versus meat) if that makes sense.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'd choose the Fromm out of those. My pups love it and do well on it when I have fed it. Agree with Tracy on adding water. And I love you too, Brandi. ;)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I'd pick the Fromm just cuz all mine got fat when I tried feeding Acana lol. But I probably just fed too much. Either is a GREAT choice :)

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine did great on the Fromm & I liked it cause you could rotate the flavors I onky stopped using it cause the lady was charging an arm & a leg for a 5 lb bag.. the price is down to $14.70 for 5 lbs of the chicken & the pork one but $15. 90 for the duck..

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I feed Acana along with THK because Midgies so allergic to so much that Acana seems like one of the best quality kibbles she could eat. I only give her a few kibbles to nibble on in between THK feedings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts