Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Delilah lost her collar. I've been looking everywhere but it's been three days and I still can't find it. It had her rabies tag on it. Probably she got it off and buried it. lol Or someone ate it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
We just got Dixie a collar today. She didn't seem bothered by it. Has her ID tag and rabies tag on it was well. She noticed the tags and tried chewing them. You can probably get another tag from your vet. Hope you find it. I know how these little guys are. Dixie goes thru my purse and runs off to hide so she can chew what she finds.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I don't think they have duplicate rabies tags...at least by us, they're consecutively numbered and it's specific to the rabies vaccine serial number. I carry a copy of the rabies certificates in a Ziploc bag in my purse, because my kids have lost theirs in the past, too. Kali doesn't have vaccines, so I carry a copy of the vet's waiver letter. For sure your vet can print out another certificate and sign it for you, though. One copy in the safe, one in your purse, you're good to go!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have her rabies cirtificate. And, you're right, I won't be able to get another tag. So I will have to go get a collar and put her info on it in case she gets loose. She's the only one of all my dogs that actually dug out of the back yard once.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Someone ate it?????!!!!!!!!!!!! Look on the certificate & see if there's an address or phone #--you should be able to order a duplicate, but I wouldn't worry to much about if you have the certificate. I'd just carry it in your purse when you take her out.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
:rolleyes:Oops, sorry pam I must not have been paying attention..that's not funny. My bad.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The somebody ate it was a joke. I just can't find it. I really think none of mine coulda swallowed the rabies tag. :) I had seen an Animal Planet animal rescue show and one the the things this starved GSD ate was a collar, so it popped out when I was typing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
We are able to issue new rabies tags where I work. We just put the new tag number in the computer and print out a new rabies certificate for the owner. Hope you find it though, also so frustrating when you know it has to be around somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts