Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been online, looking for winter sweaters for Cooper. I have to say, I'm getting soooo frustrated that I'm probably going to explode soon.

The problem is twofold: Cooper is "portly" so it's hard to order him things anyway, since most times, the fit won't be right. Second, everything out there is frilly and girly. Cooper's a boy, darn it! :lol:

Does anyone else with a boy have this problem? I want to get him boy clothes but everything's got rhinestones or some kind of frill going on.

If you know of somewhere that sells non-frilly stuff, please post a link (US only por favor). I've been just about everywhere, including Trixie and Peanut and all the stores you can find pictures of Paris Hilton in.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
you know cooper i feel your anger when i wanted to buy things for jamoka i couldn't find anything ! but i do have a few links the price are oh k. but the size i don't know. cooper doesn't look over 16 lbs thats the highest on one site but you tell them what size to make it in hope this helps :wave:

http://www.puppysites.com/fashion.shtml
this site has about 30 diff stores to go to

http://www.chiwawagaga.com/clothing.html
this site has big chihuahua sizes up to 16lbs

http://ziggysboutique.homestead.com/nflgear.html
this site is soooo manly, it sells only football jerseys and hoodies boy stuff
[/url]

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... I'll check both of your site suggestions. Cooper is 10lbs, sometimes 9.5, sometimes 10.5. He's got a big barrel chest and is quite muscular so I have a lot of trouble fitting him around the neck and shoulder area when the rest of the shirt is usually perfect. A friend gave me a t-shirt made for a daschund and it fit really well, so I might have to start shoppin with the weinies!

Thank you both again! I'll let you know how things turn out.

·
Registered
393 Posts
These sites seem to have heaps of choice, not sure about prices tho, might be a bit pricey?

www.thegildedpaw.com
www.pamperedpuppy.com

The other thing you could try is posting in the Crafts forum, there are lots of crafty types at this site, maybe someone could knit a sweater for Cooper?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Cooper said:
Second, everything out there is frilly and girly. Cooper's a boy, darn it! :lol:
I've been looking at things for Hershey. for when he is older, and most of what I find is very girly too. Our poor little boy Chi's...... LoL!

I'm glad some people have shared some links. :)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You guys can check out my website. I have some really cute "Boy Harnesses'", quite a few to choose from. I do custom fitting also, just send me his measurements. You are getting two things, a cute Vest and also a Harness. I just made one for a really "husky" Chi. He was 81/2 inches around the neck and 18inches around the chest! :shock: :)

sandra
www.chloescustomharness.com

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sjc said:
You guys can check out my website. I have some really cute "Boy Harnesses'", quite a few to choose from. I do custom fitting also, just send me his measurements. You are getting two things, a cute Vest and also a Harness. I just made one for a really "husky" Chi. He was 81/2 inches around the neck and 18inches around the chest! :shock: :)

sandra
www.chloescustomharness.com
I would if I could... I looked at your site and they're so cute!! But Cooper is offended by harnesses for some reason and has never let me put one on him for long. He acts like you're killing him if you put one on him. Poor little guy; he just screams and yells and tries to get it off. I don't know why though; he wears clothes just fine.

And those measurements for that "husky" chi are just about right for Coop! LOL I have them written down here somewhere but his neck is 10" and he's 12" long. He's more like a weenie dog than a chi!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh... I was able to find Cooper some good stuff at Glamour Dog. I got him two hoodies for winter and I just couldn't resist getting him this little pink shirt - I thought it was too funny:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Since you are looking for a sweater, you might check with chiscrochetmom. I know she makes sweaters for her chis - she might be interested in making one for Cooper. That way, it would be custom fitted. I've seen some of the pics she posted of sweaters she's made and they are quite nice.

Just a thought. :D

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Cooper said:
Oh... I was able to find Cooper some good stuff at Glamour Dog. I got him two hoodies for winter and I just couldn't resist getting him this little pink shirt - I thought it was too funny:

I'm surprised Cooper would let you put that "Pink" shirt on him :shock: After all he has a "image" to uphold!! :wink:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Cooper I have the opposite problem... I can't find anything small enough for Gadget... I got a pattern for him and it has xsmall on it and that is still way to big for him... I do have a big patterns too...

I would ask Kari because Mr. Peepers is 10 pounds too and she gets clothes for him... I knowI can make bandanas big enough for any dog... or small enough... I am still working on my other clothes trying to get the pattern small enough....

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sjc said:
I'm surprised Cooper would let you put that "Pink" shirt on him :shock: After all he has a "image" to uphold!! :wink:
I lie to him... I tell him pink is the new black. Then I show him a copy of GQ and tell him that's what GQ says. He doesn't own any pink clothes yet because none have fitted ... but I figure a dog named "Alice Cooper" needs to have at least one glittery pink shirt in his wardrobe... he's got the image of his namesake to uphold. :lol:

Darn it... I know I have a photo of Alice Cooper holding Alice Cooper but I just can't find it anywhere!! It may be posted later.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just feel so sorry for Lily, having to put up with that kind of attitude. No wonder I've seen her posting on the "held against my will" message boards. Poor, poor Lily. :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts