Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought that title might catch a few eyes. ;)
Ok I love to bake christmas goodies and treats for the holidays. The kids have requested all their faves and i'm getting my ingredient list togther, but..they want fudge.
Now i'm not as good at candy making as goodie baking so I'm hoping you guys can help me out with a Foolproof fudge recipe. They are requesting peanut butter. I have a great recipe for a dbl layer pnt btr one with nuts but i dont want to do that one , it's a pain in the fanny.
Just a simple but delectable pnt btr fudge recipe would be fab!

Please and thanks!:)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
This one is foolproof - and it is really good and makes a ton!

2 cups brown sugar
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup milk
4 TBS butter or margarine
1 and a half cups creamy peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 and a half cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup chopped pecans, optional

Place both sugars, milk and butter or margarine in a large saucepan on medium heat on the stove. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Once it starts to boil, stir constantly, for exactly 5 minutes - no more, no less.

Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, followed by peanut butter, marshmallows and nuts if you want them. Stir until marshmallows melt, and pour into 9 X 13 pan lined with wax paper. Cut when cooled and hardened.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

* 1 can vanilla frosting(chocolate frosting makes a great fudge too.)
* 1 cup peanut butter(creamy or crunchy)
* 1 8x8 pan sprayed with cooking spray

Microwave pb in bowl 1 minute on high. Add frosting mix to pb and microwave 1 minute on high. Mix well, and put in dish, smoothing out evenly. Chill 1/2 hr in frig, then enjoy.

Tastes just as good IMO as the stuff you slave over for hours!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Simple Peanut Butter Fudge:
one bag cream drops
3/4 cup peanut butter

melt the cream drops in the microwave stirring every so often till smooth and all melted mix in the peanut butter spead into a pan let set up cut and eat!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Ha, that is my kind of recipe -easy! :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Easy Vanilla Fudge:
Ingredients
3 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
6 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
Directions
1.Grease a 9x5 inch pan. Set aside.
2.In a 3 quart saucepan, over very low heat, mix together confectioners sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, and salt until mixture is creamy.
3.Pour quickly into greased 9x5 inch pan. Refrigerate until firm, then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Here is an easy fudge recipe albeit it doesn't contain peanut butter:

Rachel Ray's 5-Minute Fudge
1 bag semisweet chocolate morsels (12 ounces)
9 ounces butterscotch morsels (3/4 of a 12 ounce bag)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 ounces package of walnut halves
1/2 cup currants (a couple handfuls)
8-inch cake pan, lightly greased with softened butter

Preparation:
Place a heavy pot on the stove and pre-heat it over low heat. Add chocolate and butterscotch morsels and milk and stir until morsels are melted and milk is combined. Save the empty condensed milk can. Stir in the vanilla and remove the fudge from heat. Add the nuts and currants and stir in immediately.

Cover the empty condensed milk can with plastic wrap and center it in the greased cake pan. Spoon fudge into pan around can, making sure to center the can if it drifts. The fudge will set up almost immediately.

Chill covered in the refrigerator. Slice the fudge very thin when ready to serve. Easy and delicious! :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Fudge! Yummy! That's my contribution. :lol: :D

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Fudge! Yummy! That's my contribution. :lol: :D
:lol: My contribution was - "easy - yay!" lol. I just like to eat, not cook. hee hee!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Hubby & I can't have sugar so here's out recipe we use:
SUGAR-FREE PB FUDGE

2 cups Splenda (we use Zsweet instead)
dash of salt
2/3 cup evaporated milk (we make our own mix)
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp butter

In a medium-sized heavy saucepan, combine Splenda, salt and milk. Bring to a boil and ball until mixture forms a soft ball when dropped into cold water. Remove from the heat and add peanut butter, vanilla and butter. Beat hard as you can until the mixture is no longer glossy and is thickening. Pour into a pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. The size pan you use will determine the thickness of the fudge. Score into squares and add a pecan half to the top of each square if desired.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
LOVE this thread! taking notes :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts