Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what age does a Chih reach the full size he will be. At what point can you say they wont get any bigger?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Oakley hasn't grown weight wise since 6 months of age. She is now 11 months. IMO she isn't going to grow much more, either. I hope she fills out a bit as she is only just over 3 lbs, but we'll see. She has grown 1/2" inch taller since 6 months, but that's it! So she actually slimmed out of some of her baby fat I guess heh. She has no fat though, she is all gazelle like.

Most people say 12-18 months but when you look at chis specifically they usually reach adult height and length between 6-8 months and drastically slow their weight gain from 6 months to a year.

Sometimes when males get neutered they can put on a good bit of weight while others put on none. It really is case by case and so hard to tell!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Most of their height and length will be done at 9 months old. Some can grow up until they are 1 year old, though. Then after that they will fill out/gain weight until they reach about 18 months to 2 years old. When you are with your Chi everyday you don't notice the growth as much as say someone else would if they saw them months later. :) I have 4, and they all grew at the same rate, and reached their max growth at 2 years old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts