Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi!! :wave: at what age did your chis stop growing? zoey is almost 5 months old and she now weighs about 4lbs 5oz. i am wondering if she will keep on growing for much longer or if she's almost done... :?:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Little dogs, such as chis, you can usually expect that they will achieve most of their growth in the first 5 months-they usually reach their adult size by 6 months, but then they will start to fill out. With very slight increase in heighth. Usually by a year they have reached their max. If you are breeding, then you want to wait until the third heat cycle to breed-close to two years before their first litter.
So, by the weight chart-you will probably see an adult close to 5-5.5lbs

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I was told you can finally say your chi is done growing by age 2...that being the age where you can breed your female. By age one they are about as big as they are going to be and might fill out slowly still over the following year.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys! i'm not going to breed zoey, i was just wondering how long till she's as big as she's going to be. she still seems sooo small to me!!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I was wondering that too, I'm glad you asked that. Harley went to the vet today and he weighs 3.3 pounds at five monthes old. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've always wondered about that too. Barbie is 8 months and a week and is almost 3 and half pounds. Of course she thinks she is 30 pounds and is sweeter by the day. Harley is SO cute.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts